Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I got an email from one of my international customers stating that she had not received her bear that I mailed 28 days ago. It was supposed to get there 6-14 days. I am trying not to freak out. USPS says it's not "officially" lost until it's over 30 days. Still. Hard not to think of the worst. It went to Canada. Rather, it was HEADED to Canada. The post office was closed already today but my husband is going there tomorrow.

Awhile back I had another bear MIA that was shipped domestically. Ended up that it was sitting in the customers post office instead of her mailbox.

Should I be freaking out?

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Jennifer!
Don't freak! Canada's customs are notoriously slow at examiniing packages. 28 days is not that unusual. I would inquire if you can, but don't get too upset, yet.
Karen

karenaus Melbourne
Website

US to Canada mail seems to be terribly slow- Maybe Canadian Customs has it?

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Okay thanks for the words. I will relax and talk to the post office.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I had a similar thing happen. A bear sent from Canada to the US sat in my local post office for a couple of weeks. When I brought them the tracking number to check on the package, they pulled it out of somewhere and only then did I get it.

Good luck!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jennifer,
     I'm Canadian and it often takes two weeks just to get a letter here.  I don't know what the problem is, but I can send a parcel to Britain and have it get there in three days but even within Canada over two weeks is the norm. Don't panic yet - check with your post office.

hugs

Brenda

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

I've had a similar experience with a bear that I ordered from australia; stuff from the smae artist has reached me in 7 days, certainly no longer than 10; this time it took nearly 4 weeks!! I was totally freaking out!! At least the bear arrived  bear_wub

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

I have a lost bear too!  bear_cry  It's supposed to be on it's way to Germany.  I told her to check with customs there.  I do hope our teddies arrive to their destinations soon! 

Hugs,
Alison

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jennifer,

I sent a package to Canada three weeks ago and I was wondering why it was taking so long.
I had sent it Airmail Express which should have got there in three to five days. Instead it took three weeks.
The person notified me that they had received it yesterday.
I wonder how long it would have taken had I sent it the cheaper way?
Good luck with your bear arriving to the destination.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

awww, bless you, i had a similar problem up until last week.
I had posted a bear by parcel force at the begining of june, after a month or so started to contact parcel force who told me to contact usps, who sent me back to parcel force, they were both utterly useless and i began to face the fact that he was lost.
i did find out it took 3 weeks just for him to leave the uk, but the good bit is... after 12 weeks he turned up, so dont give up hope, hes out there somewhere x

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

******UPDATE*******

My customer emailed me today and reported that Daisy made it safely to Canada! I told her what y'all said about Canadian customs being SLOW and to go to her post office. Low and behold, the box had been sitting in her post office for 10 days!!! She went today and picked her up.

I am SO relieved. Thanks for all the support. I was quietly freaking out. But seriously, y'alls comments help me relax a bit. Thank you.  bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is great Jennifer, I am so glad the bear arrived safely, albeit a little later.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I'm so pleased, Jennifer, that your bear arrived safe and sound  bear_original !

Judging by all the replies to your post you are not the only one to have experienced difficulties with courier services and customs.
I recently adopted three bears from the UK (to Belgium) and they were lost for 2 weeks (nobody knew where they were).
Both the artist and I were sick with worry.  After constantly harassing them,  the courier people finally found the parcel; so I know how you must have been feeling and how relieved you must be now  bear_flower .

Hugs,  :hug:

Peterbear

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Yippee!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Cheryl

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance:  :clap:  Hurrahhhh!!!!  I always feel sick to my stomach when anybody reports a bear's gone missing in the mail.  bear_cry   I'm so glad your little bear was found safe and sound  bear_flower

Board footer