Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

felting-005.jpgfelting-006.jpgfelting-003.jpgthought you might like to see what my crazy sister dose with neddlefelting

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow, Fran those locks look a lot nicer than Dan's from Oz Idol.

Say congrats to your sister we does fantastic work.  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Your sister is very creative Fran...just like you! bear_flower bear_wub  Neat neck rings.   Does she have a website?

My sister went to Thialand a couple of years ago and took pictures of ladies with these neck rings... I could not believe how uncomfortable they looked.  To them it is very attractive.  Wonder what they think of us?

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Judi my sister a i have our web site together  jazzy rags of cause

Dilu Posts: 8,574

JazzyFran.....please tell your 'crazy'-like-a-fox sis that her work is fab!

I have toyed with the idea on a golly...but Hubbs keeps vetoing- guess I'll just have to do it...

what kind of yarn/wool does she use?  Can you tell me?  ( I guess what I am saying is I totally understand if she doesn't want that info out....totally respect it)

Her lady is so whimsical.....Thank you for sharing the pictures!  I love what you two come up with!

Dilu

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dilu  you have to make a golly with dreadlocks it would be unreal i am so excited i am hitting all the wrong keys,Judy she is in hospital getting a new knee but i will asked her today i know the wool has a special name

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hellooo Diloooooo,
Try using mohair curls, you can buy them by the ounce. I'll nip off now and get the link for you.
Back in a mo.

Penny  bear_thumb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Well here's a piccy of them

6d_1_b.JPG

and hopefully - this is the link to the eBay seller

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PURE-INSPIRATI … viewQQtZkm

Yep it works!

You can twist these and lightly felt them to keep them in shape as they have a very long staple (not really sure what that means but i think it's the long guard hairs from the goat).

I have tried making dreadlocks with these and they work well - bit shinier than those on the doll but i have only used bright colours not black.

Hope this helps - maybe the expert doll maker will know better though -hope her operation goes well by the way

Penny  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Board footer