Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Sapphire-Light Posts: 41

Hi I have some questions

I want to buy some lock nut joints from intercal but the selection is a bit confusing for me  :redface:

I have used a lock nut set from bearycheap a 30 mm size, I remenber that in the kit the disk and screw for the head was bigger.

I want to get disks of the same sizes of the kit, but the selection on intercal has diferent hole sizes, and I don't know wish hole size to pick or the size of screws, bolts and washers  :redface:

Also what is the difference in length of fabric 1/4 yard and 1/3 yard?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

A yard and a metre, are roughly the same (3 inches shorter than a metre if that helps)

Here's a useful converter site I use quite often http://convert.french-property.co.uk/  It converts lengths/weights/measures and more

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I think the people at Intercal would be happy to answer your questions:  mohair@intercaltg.com

Becky

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

A yard and a meter are easy for me...the metric system is very familiar but...I agree with those disc joints...very confusing!  sets, singles, bolts, cotter pins. washers...then there is the whole subject of whether or not to put felt inbetween them????   It could drive you nuts!  I don't want to ruin my expensive fur so I've started using the extremely strong snap on joints.  I have to hammer them on with a socket wrench over the stem but at least I understand the sizes and how they fit!

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Just google for an online converter.  You can find many that will convert centimeters to inches.  Here's a good one.
http://bluefive.pair.com/inches_to_cm_to_inches.htm
I hope this helps.

Hugs,
Alison

Sapphire-Light Posts: 41

Thanks for the help everyone bear_thumb

Board footer