Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

I probably read far too many bear books BUT the other day I bought one.  It said to trace the pattern on to template plastic and trace on to the fur.  When you cut it out you add the seam allowance to the fur which would then allow you to sew right on the line of the tracing.  What i used to do was trace and cut on the line and then sew.  Have I been doing it wrong all these years??? :doh:

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Not really wrong.  It all depends on whether the pattern had a seam allowance added to the pattern or not.  They come both ways.

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

All patterns should indicate whether or not the seam allowance is included or not...

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

As everyone has said, it just depends on the pattern. My own, I design so that the line you draw is the sewing line, i just cut a few mm all the way round the lines and it helps keep my sewing neat as I hand sew.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Does that mean if the pattern does not say to do it that way then I assume that the seam allowance is included?  Sorry to ask a dumb question.

teeeej Brisbane

I think it does. The majority of the patterns I have used/bought have seam allowances included. They will usually state that a XX mm/inch seam allowance is included.

---
Therese

Board footer