Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

bearlady13 Posts: 177

teacher-bear.jpgI mostly make miniature bears 1 to 5 inches. I havelots of patterns and pattern books. The bear I am using for my picture here is the one I made with breast. My daughter is a teacher and I wanted to make something different for her birthday. That is how comeI made this one to be the teacher and then made small ones in a class room setting. Put them all in a small fish bowl with a light on it and she fell in love with it.  She said the outfit I put on the teacher bear is almost exactly what she was wearing the day I emailed her a picture of it. Here is the picture of the class room. Just not to good at tqaking pictures yet. Can anyone tell me how I could buy a copy of teddybear and friends magizine dated April 1998. i saw on line a picture of the bear Mary Daubs done of Freddy and I would love to try and make a miniature of it for my husband. Love this site so many people a love of making teddybears Like I do. Thank for being here and sharing!!! :hug:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Gosh...1998... your best hope is going to be someone with a collection of old copies, who is willing to give or sell you their 13 yo copy. I'm not aware of TB&F having copies available that far back because things weren't digitized then.
In an effort to clear out & stash-bust, I put all of mine in the recycling bin a few years ago, those which I or a friend weren't in so I know that I don't have that copy or if I do wouldn't have it available to part with it.

I hope you find it!

(BTW- nice shaping w/your Teacher! I know how difficult shaping is in small areas.. any chance we can see a good pic of the teacher by herself? Or even posted over in the Miniature threads?)

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Well, like several of you have said, seems like I tweek or change my pattern every time I make a bear.  Never the same way twice!  I have settled on a 16" bear though...better than two feet!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
bearlady wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I could buy a copy of teddybear and friends magizine dated April 1998.

You could keep checking ebay. Right now, someone has all 6 issues from 2000 listed. Good luck!

Becky

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

I have tons, too!  I love to draw new patterns that will make a teddy to fit in to antique doll clothing that I have purchased.  I save the original in case I ever purchase another little dress of the same size.   I love using antique "Nancy Ann" dolly dresses to dress my bears and have designed about 4 or 5 patterns to use for that size dress.  I have patterns that other artist's designed in my stash, too!  I tweak those as well but still give the artist credit for the original design.  I think I would get horribly bored if I used only 4 or 5 patterns over and over again!
Hugs,
Janice

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I have three A3 folders full of patterns ~ probably about 80 patterns although not all have been made yet and some are still in need of modification. As GJOYful Bears is run by both myself and my mum, we must have a huge number of patterns between us and honestly I have no idea exactly how many.

I generally get a picture in my mind of how I want a finished bear to look and usually design a brand new pattern for every bear. There isn't too many bears that have been made from the same pattern in our studio. Interesting post though and it's good to see what everyone does.

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Here's the April, 1998 Issue of Teddy Bear & Friends on ebay - the shipping is quite expensive, though!  Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Teddy-Bear-and-Frie … 1c1bd1ad11

bearlady13 Posts: 177

a-teacher-bear-for-my-daughter-2.jpga-teacher-bear-for-my-daughter.jpgThanks everyone for the information on the 1998 issue. After looking on here I think I will try to make my own pattern of this bear for my husband. Here is another picture of the teacher bear I made.  Keep in mind I don't take good photos but I try.  bear_grin

Board footer