Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

meerkat1231.jpgI'd like to introduce you to a couple of my recent custom orders, a Meerkat and a Maned Wolf. One animal you'll (hopefully, lol!) recognise and the other you may not. :)

The lady who ordered the meekat wanted him to be able to hold a book so I had to design him with jointed wrists. I did wonder whether I had bitten off more than I could chew when I was struggling with the 10mm discs and teeny tiny cotterpins required to make it work. Woah! Those things are really small!! Anyway we made it though OK I think. I decided to make the book myself too as I was worried that shop bought ones would be too large and/or heavy for a meekat to hold long term.

meerkat1255.jpg

The Maned Wolf is probably not an animal that most of you are familiar with, I know wasn't until I was asked to create one. They kind of resemble a fox with really long legs, ineed they are also referred to as the 'Stilt-legged Fox', very cool looking animals.

mw1204.jpg

mw1207.jpg

I hope you like them.

Regards

Lisa

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Excellent!!  I especially like the meerkat holding a book!

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

As always, your work is amazing Lisa  bear_wub  I used to work at a zoo and you captured the wolf perfectly. They have a very leggy grace  bear_wub

aeminiatures AE Miniatures
H-I-Ambacht, the Netherlands
Website

Amazing work! Unbelievable!!!

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

wow !! great job you did here !

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Wow, wow, wow and wow.
Lisa you're work really is pristine. Love them both.
Honestly incredible.

Richard
x

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I love them both, and I learned what a maned wolf is! (a South American native and quite endangered)

You take on the most interesting challenges. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Becky

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Great work as usual, I was wondering how big they were?  They look big in the pics, but you talk about small discs and kotter pins.  Just curious.
I love Meerkats and that fox is just grand.  Thanx so much for sharing
Hugs Pat bear_flower

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Thank you so much everyone.  bear_flower

Mr meerkat measures approximately 9.75" to the top of his head. The maned wolf is 10.5" to the tip of her ears and 11" from nose to bottom (not including the tail).

Regards

Lisa

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Superb work, Lisa!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

They are both gorgeous, Lisa!
Hugs,
Janice

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I think that's the best Meerkat I've seen, it absolutely captures the character of these animals! Superb!

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Fabulous Lisa!  :clap:  :clap:  As always realistic and adorable!

Huggies,
Ruth  bear_flower

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Both stunning pieces Lisa!  :clap: It's all the work on the inside too which we don't see but adds to the amazing finish! Love them both  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer