Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

ecocheapomom Posts: 2

Hello All-
I am just now voyaging into the world of teddy bears on behalf of my 6 year old daughter. I am a member of other forums (gardening, chicken keeping, etc.) and I know how helpful Forum Folks can be. So I am asking for help in identyfying a precious bear that has been lost to us.
My daughter received a bear around the time of her birth in December 2004. It was her constant companion and may have been the most loved bear in history. About a year ago, we moved and while moving realized that we could not find Bear. We assumed that he had gotten into a box somewhere and would eventually turn up. He never did and we were all heartbroken, most of all my daughter. She has cried herself to sleep many nights thinking about her Bear. Last Christmas, my husband bought her a bear that he hoped would become a new favorite, but it was not the same.
So we have decided to get serious about this search and see if we can determine the exact Bear she had and try to track one down. It was definitely a Gund. I have hundreds of pictures of her with Bear, as he was never far from her side. I have chosen this one, but can post more if it helps in identyfying him. Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated. If you know the name of this bear that is a great start for us. If you know where we might purchase one (used being even better than new as he was well loved), that would be wonderful too.
Thank you in advance!
Bear2.jpg

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

He looks like a "Russ bear to me."

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Ebay has several tan Gund bears - some look a bit like him but the nose is not as orange.   Here's one I thought looked quite a bit like him -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-LITTLE-POKEY- … 45fe185a61

Good luck!!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Here's another little one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gund-13-LIGHT-B … 4399dbb5ff

I hope you can find one for her!
Hugs,
Janice

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Here's a page from Russ bears:

http://russberrie.net/RussAnniversaryBears.ivnu

Hope you can find it.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I see that the bear that Janice linked to was sold.  Was this "Bear"  It sure looks like him.

Joanne

ecocheapomom Posts: 2

It was me! I bought him! When I saw the picture I started to cry. If it isn't him, then I think it just may be the closest thing we will ever find. I went back and looked at some older pictures before Bear had been washed so many times and was less worn and I think it is even more similar.
BearJ2.jpg
I won't know for sure until he arrives and I feel him. That has always been the test when trying to offer our daughter other bears. I am hopeful though and even the picture of the label on the ebay listing looked familiar. I wish I had a closer photo of that. This is about as good a shot that I have.
Bear__J.jpg
I will post an update when he arrives. Once again, Forum Folks have been so helpful with their caring and expertise. Thank You! bear_original

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Awww, I'm so happy I could cry!  I do hope it's similar enough to make her happy!
Hugs,
Janice

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I love a happy ending! The photos are adorable, so thank YOU for sharing!

Even if the bear isn't exactly Bear, maybe it will be Bear's daughter or something (like Charlotte's babies after Charlotte the spider dies).

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

So happy,  you can see the Bear love in these pictures.  I hope for the best.

Joanne

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Awww fingers crossed new bear passes the final hurdle! bear_grin  Janice, you're a star as always! :hug:

Board footer