Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Tatty Bears South Australia

Hi All,
        Last month my newsagent told me the next issue of Australian Bear Creations was due out on 11th April it is now the 23rd and still no sign, I asked them and all they could tell me was that they have deliveries every Monday,Wednesday and Friday I checked today (Monday ) and nothing and as Wednesday is a public holiday here in OZ I will have to wait til Friday.

Does anyone know what's going on????

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

I am in the United States and would like to subscribe to Australian Bear Creations and Dolls, Bears and Collectibles.   Is there a website for subscriptions?  Thank you.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Hi Sheree,  I think it's not unusual for ABC to be later than the scheduled date. It's frustrating when you're hanging out for the new one  :doh:

I went to the Woodlands publishing website but they haven't updated it since 2009. bear_shocked

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original I think they've done a change on it so that it is every 3 months because I queried it at one point because it seemed like forever before I got my issue. Not sure about this as it was sometime back. If you want to check it out Sheree then send an email to simon@wpco.com.au
He seemed helpful enough as I had to ask him how many issues I had left before renewing - fuzzy brain moment  bear_wacko  bear_grin

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

it's interesting. . . they did a very nice profile on Kelly Dean & Co this winter, and so I thought I'd see what date is on the issue. . . only to find that they don't put a date or a month - or year - on the magazine.  my article was in vol 17 / 4.  and was released in Jan.  has anyone seen issue 17 / 5 ?

Thats what I am waiting on Kellydean, I was told it was due out on the 11th of April but there is no sign of it yet.
The last issue came with a free back issue, so they were wrapped together in plastic and the price sticker on the cover was date the newagent recieved it was the 4th January so I'd say it is well overdue.

As you live in the US do you subscribe to it or just wait till it comes in?
When did you get the last issue?, sorry just curious!! Lol

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

I don't subscribe, I had a couple of copies mailed to me by an Australian friend in January - and they were both had free back issues also (postage on 4 mags was almost as much as the mags themselves).

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hi there
I havnt REC Bear Creations Since my last issue 14  have sent EM to Simon he is very helpfull
Hope i receive soon miss all the news and the artists creations . Teddy Bear and Friends ive only just started subscribing to but no copy as yet
Hugs

lulubears Posts: 280

I get an autoship of 4 copies each of the Bear Creations and the Dolls, Bears and Collectibles.  Issue 17-4 is the last one to have arrived here in the states.  I received my shipment about 2 weeks ago.  We are, as a general rule, about one issue behind them being received in Australia.  They always have the new issue (17-5), while we are enjoying 17-4.  Having received these since the very first issue, they have always printed them without dates.

Luann

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

I followed them up the other day too,  every 3 months now it comes out and the next issue is out on the 20th of May.

Thanks Leanne,
                     I checked the newsagents today because it is 4 weeks since it was due out so I was thinking if they are going to do it every 12 weeks instead of every 8 weeks it would be due out now, but it is over 3 months since the last issue.

I did send them an email but didn't receive a reply.

Oh well I suppose I will have to wait until the 20th, thanks again.

I did pick up a old issue from a thrift shop today so that has sorta took the edge off.  bear_grin

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Yea Sheree, it's back issues for me too!  I sent them an email and they replied about a week later but anyway, only a few more days to wait.

I just checked my emails on the computer and I owe Australian Bear Creations an apology, I did get a reply from them but my stupid iPod doesn't receive all my emails for some reason?????
20th May it is then

Fairybear wrote:

I followed them up the other day too,  every 3 months now it comes out and the next issue is out on the 20th of May.

It's now the 22nd, still no mag.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Yup I looked at my newsagent just then, still nothing  bear_sad

It's STILL not in!!!!!!!!

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry I know, what is the story??? bear_angry

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_angry I subscribe to the magazine and I haven't received it yet either and I would like to know what the heck is going on too!

teeeej Brisbane

I subscribe as well, nothing yet.

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

I am still waiting for my 2 issues from the last subscription ,the last isssue i rec was in DEC I have EM Simon not yet had a reply,I know they made quite a few changes to this and that but it would be nice to    be notified if there are problems ,Perhaps im just being grumpy as i miss my magazine
Hava great day

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

UPDATE LADIES The on sale date has been changed to 12th June!!

Densteds Densteds
Website

I had subscribed to this magazine since its inception, and it was a great read, but opted out a few years back, and I'm sure glad I did as it gradually started on the downhill slide about then.....if I was still waiting for an issue which was six months late, I would want my money back, it's a disgrace. You know something is wrong when they don't bother updating their website for 3 years.

I only started my Teddy adventure in December and the last issue was my first ( I have since got some back issues ) I was so excited to find it and didn't realize such a magazine existed so I thought I was onto a good thing...... until now!!!!! bear_angry

karenaus Melbourne
Website

It's so disappointing, after the lat issue which really sparked up, it was like the 'old days'. Not a good way to treat your subscribers or advertisers... I'd be so annoyed if I still had a subscription.
      And the advertisers- I wonder how many ads are in there that will be irrelevant once it finally appears? Ads for Shows people won't know about that will have been and gone by the time people get their issues- tho mind you, they often managed to get those ads wrong too.

Board footer