Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi All,
I have a question about relisting on ebay if your bear does not sell.  Do most of you relist immediately or do you wait?  What is your thinking with the way that you relist?  My bear that Scott listed for me did not sell now I am not sure when to relist it.  I am not sure if I should wait until after Christmas to relist so that if anyone wants to spent Christmas money.  Also will everyone be busy with Christmas that I should wait a week or so to relist?  What is everyone's thinking?
Thanks,
Donna

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I would wait until after Xmas now Donna - i think that everyone is too busy and probably broke too! Pop him back on after when folks have their money to spend!

Merry Christmas Donna  bear_wub

Penny

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'm no help.... sometimes I wait... sometimes I relist immediately.  Both methods sometimes sell, sometimes don't   bear_wacko

Pipa UK

as it' christmas this weekend i would say wait till after xmas !!

Deb Upstate New York

What Pen and Pip said.

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Oh dear, says she who is just about to list a bear this evening bear_sad

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I was thinking about this. Although I have been not so much as busy, but under the weather (only a bad cold) I've managed to finish a raccoon. I suppose there will be loads of bear people off for the holidays wanting a bear fix? Could be worth it for us. Still I need to get some photos done, and the shopping and other things... Achoo!!! Amanda doing a very good impression of Rudolph.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Donna, I really don't think there is any particular protocol that works for relisting.  Selling a bear soley depends on that certain 'right' person to see him/or her.  It only takes one person to adopt a critter.

When I have something that does not sell I do not immediately relist.    I  don't want to appear desperate for a sale.   When the auction is over I don't want a potential buyer to think I will relist right away at a lesser price.  I don't like to play games with bears.  When I relist, I wait while or I list the bear on my website for retail.  On ebay I place a reserve less than retail which is incentive for a posible buyer to bid now.

Heres an example:  I recently listed my Clause bear on ebay but he did not hit reserve.  I waited a few weeks and relisted with a buy-it-now price( same as reserve) so he could be sold in time for Christmas...    He sold right away.  The right person was looking.  That's all it takes.  That certain someone has to be on ebay looking.........

Board footer