Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I've just been offered a stand at Hugglets for the first time in September, Woohoo!

I'm excited about doing it, but nervous at the same time as I've never been before.

I've never been as a visitor before either, and it's about 12 years since I last went down to London (I'm not a huge fan of big cities either).

So, I was wondering if anyone had any tips?

Is it easier to go on the train rather than driving down? (I'll be coming from Yorkshire)

Can you recommend anywhere to stay?

If you usually exhibit, how many bears do you usually take with you?

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Well, that is very very exciting news!!!!   I've only gone to Hugglets as a visitor once (in 2014) and was completely overwhelmed by the sheer size of it, but it was the best show I've been to EVER!!    I hope I get to go again this September!  I'll make sure to visit your stand!   Be prepared to be amazed!!   And best of luck!

(I would think it might be a lot easier to take a train down from Yorkshire...but then again, I am only an American who loves to travel in the UK by car, so what do I know about that???.....We stayed at an airport hotel (The Park Inn) because it was a lot cheaper and just took the local free bus to the airport and then got on the Underground, but I don't know how convenient that would be when you're bringing your bears with you!)

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

Thanks EJ!

The underground would probably be fine, as long as I don't hit it at rush hour. I have everything in four trolley bags, and I can take clothes and everything else I need in a rucksack, so I'm prepared for travelling on public transport bear_original

Hope to see you in September bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Kat,
Congratulations on your first time to Hugglets.  It's a wonderful show and the organisation is perfect, so if you have any questions or problems you can always ask Glenn or Irene or one of the many other exhibitors (many of them have been coming for years).
London Underground is no problem and on Sunday it's generally not very crowded. 
Make sure you have got some comfortable and light clothes, because it can get quite hot in those halls, but there is a buffet that serves all kinds of drinks and sandwiches.
The main thing is to enjoy the day and soak up the wonderful teddy bear atmosphere.   bear_thumb

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

Thank you Peter bear_original

Board footer