Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Debra Bear Posts: 3

Hello fellow teddy bear lovers

I’m new to all this teddy bear making.  I was once asked in a job interview about 20 years ago, what I want to be going at 50.  I replied that I’d like to be semi-retired, so I had time to make teddy bears.

I didn’t take that any further, and now I’m 50.

I have a need to make a particular style of teddy bear rucksack to replicate one I had snatched from me by a man as he waved at children from the train we were on in Tanzania. I am clueless about how to form his shape - all the patterns I see that have a similar shaped muzzle are for separate muzzle. His was not. (or at, least I don;t think so - his face was all the same fur). But I guess this thread is just to say Hi. So, Hi!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Debra Bear! I hope you found the sort of pattern you were looking for. (I’d suggest that any pattern with a muzzle in a different fabric can be made in just one fabric. Simply create single rather than split pattern pieces for the head.) Good luck!

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi and welcome to TT, Debra Bear!  bear_flower

shydebbie22 Posts: 1

Hi thank you for all the warm welcomes.  I can not believe how life like all your bears are They are sooo beautiful. Unbelievable. I don.t know if I can do that but I will look for something easy like you said. Any idea's? Also two things I'm looking to adopt one called "A Mouse In A Tin" and second where's a good place to get supples? Well I hope I Get as good as the rest of you Bears while hybernating while it's so cold. Lol. Thanks Deb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Deb,
I Googled “mouse in a tin,” and it looks like Etsy is a good place to find one. And our site sponsor, Intercal Mohair, is a great place to buy your supplies online - especially if you live in North America. (If you’re in another part of the world, let us know and other members can recommend good suppliers, I’m sure.)
Becky

Board footer