Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I am so heartbroken to have to say that we lost Sunshine's other two puppies last night. I was up until 3:30 with them trying to get them to nurse. When I finally fell asleep, they both seemed to be doing okay. But I woke 2 hours later to find them both gone. I am so sorry for Sunshine and I feel like it is all my fault because I didn’t stay awake to watch over them more. I wish we could have done more, but they were just so tiny. I have been crying all day. I just can't believe that they are gone after we waited so lonhg for them. I think I need some major hugs!!

Hugs
Sonya

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_cry  bear_cry Oh no!!  I'm so sorry Sonya.  You did everything you could have......try to remember that.  Here's gobs of hugs from me: :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh Sonya I am so sorry to hear it!!  bear_cry

(((((hugs))))))

I will tell you something that may help if you ever decide to go ahead. again.

It sounds like the pups had fading puppy syndrome.  What happens is an infection is present in the mum and passes to the pups.  The infection is often lowgrade so the mum NEVEr shows any symptoms.  The problem is that it may also pass to the pups not just while in utero but through the milk.... so every time they feed they get another dose so become slow and tired and not interested in feeding at all.  They fade away.
To beat it you need to give the pups an antibiotic (we used clavulox) that you get from the vet.   Ideally mum gets a dose too.
With fading puppy syndrome you need to boost their feeds by handfeeding formula till they regain their strength.
It is terribly heart breaking when it happens and I can really empathise.

I wish  a hug would make you fell better

:hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

sarahjane Brisbane

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this Sonya

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

:hug:   :hug:    :hug:   :hug:   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry    bear_cry    bear_cry   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:    I'm so sorry, I love yorkies!!  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Patty Posts: 36

I am sorry to hear about your puppies.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh no, Sonya, I am so sorry to hear that you have lost the pups, but don't ever think it is your fault.  Big hugs for you.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Awe Sonya,  I'm Sorry :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I promise, Sonya, it's NOT your fault.  I'm so very sorry for you and Sunshine.  Big hugs to you both.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh Sonya...I am truly so sorry.  Having JUST gone through this with my little Skippy I completely understand how you feel.  I am so so very sorry.  I wish there were words to make you & Sunshine feel better but there just isn't...only time.

:hug:    :hug:   :hug:

Shantell

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am so sorry Sonya....So very sorry....for you and the pups.  Sad hugs and prayers coming your way.

dilu

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Sonya my heart breaks for you and the puppies Mother There was probably nothing you could have done to save them and you did give them the best of care. Hopefully Sunshine will have another litter in due time.
Having lost two dogs myself I can most certainly remember crying for days
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hugs flying your way...I'm so sad for you and your Sunshine. bear_cry   You did the best for the pups and can't beat yourself up, it wasn't your fault at all. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Dear Sonya,
bear_cry  I am so sorry to hear about your puppies. I know that it  hurts your heart so badly.  :hug:   :hug:
It is no-ones fault. Sometimes things like this happen that we have no control over. I know I hate it when someone tells me that maybe it was ment to be, but maybe...... this happened for a reason that you will never know.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Sonya, this is terrible news.  I am so sorry for you  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry 

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am so sorry Sonya and just want to send my love and hugs to both you and Sunshine.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

You guys are just the greatest. I can't stop crying as I read your outpouring of love. Sunshine just follows me all over crying for her puppies and I just don't know how to help her. I haven't hardly been able to put her down today. I just feel like I let her down. She tried so hard to be a good mommy. The breeder told me that with them being under 3 oz. they had an especially long hill to climb. I know I can't keep kicking myself and wishing I had done more. It's just that my heart breaks for Sunshine. ok.. for me too. I so wanted to see those puppies grow up. Thanks for your support.
Hugs
Sonya

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Im so sorry to hear about the puppies. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jane

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

oh honey i'm so sad for you....your poor sunshine..it must be so painful to see her mourning...big huge hugs you will both get through this...give each other lots of cuddles  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

K Pawz Guest

Oh Dear Sonya and Sunshine, my heart aches for your loss as well....hang in there, and be there for Sunshine, I'm sending thoughts and hugs your way :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,
Krista

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Sorry to hear that they didn't make it.
It's tough... I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
a020.gif  bear_cry

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oh Sonya I am so sorry for the loss of your pups. I feel your hurt sending hugss :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Sonya, I am so sorry for you and sushine! :hug:  :hug:
Especially since you were looking forward to these cute puppies for so long.
Poor sunshine- I thought, maybe you could ask the vet if they knew somebody, who had puppies, who´s mom had died and who were in need of a nana, so sushine would have some babies to care for.
Poor babies were just too weak, so you could not have helped them; it would have been half a miracle, if they´d survived....

Gaby bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh poor darling Sonya how very sad for you and dear sweet Sunshine. I am sehding super huge hugs to you. 
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Those darling little puppies were so adorable, what a huge shock for you. I agree with Bronwen it does sound as if the pups may have had fading puppy syndrome, or thay could just have been too small.
More hugs to you Sonya, I know what it's like to loose a pup as we lost one of Holly's pups and even if you have only had them a short while it doesn't stop it hurting  one heck of a lot. Give sweet little Sunshine lots of hugs.

Hugs Jane. 
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer