Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Hey, I'm back from my hols in Whitby. We went for the gothic weekend.   

We were both all dressed up nice all weekend, and got stopped hundreds of times for pictures. It was great fun!!  :dance:

I also got engaged on Monday too, YAY  bear_grin

I'll put some pics up later. I have to resize them first.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwwww many congratulations Kat!!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:    Can't wait to see your goth weekend pics too!!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Whitby is my favourite place in the world!! I can't wait to see your pictures!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Looking forward to them  bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations to both you and your fiance Kat.
I'll look forwards to seeing the pictures.

KatEngagement.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Congratulations on your engagement Kat.Can't wait to see your pics-North Yorkshire is my favourite holiday destination and I would love to live there.We go to Yorkshire every year for our hols and always visit Whitby-the trouble is I never want to come home bear_sad
Laurie :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

CONGRATULATIONS!!! for your engagement!!!  bear_flower

...can't wait to see the  :photo:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Congratulations on your engagement, Kat.  That's great ! ! ! !   Can't wait to see your pics.

ellen ontario, canada

please!!  tell us foreigners more about Whitby!!  OH, congrats on the impending nuptials too!   bear_flower

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

whitby.jpgwhitby-abbey.jpgwhitby1.jpgJust a few pictures of Whitby,
Hi Kat,
Whitby is my favourite place! I hold’s lots of lovely holiday memories from my childhood, we used to stay in cottages in Robin hoods bay, and go up and down the streets where all the smugglers would have gone.
I spent my Punky/Gothy/Alternative teenage years there visiting Whitby, Staithes, Brid and Scarborough.
I used to take my little record player and all my singles with me to play on holiday. No mp3 player in those days! We would visit Woollies to buy records and walk on the beach in the wind and rain and eat fish and chips. then walk up to the Abbey.

We went in late spring this year just after Adele had found out she was expecting we had a lovely day. I think that’s why I love Heartbeat and the Royal, a bit of nostalgia.
Congratulations on your engagement too!
Hugs Kerren

warwickshire uk
Website

Whitby is where Bram Stoker wrote his novel Dracula , apparently after looking out of his room in the Royal Hotel and noticing the red sunset had caused the windows on the abbey to look like flaming red eyes. So there is lots of stuff about Dracula and vampires and there are gothic weekends and shops and pubs. It's stuck in time-warp  and is very picturesque, it has a smokery where you can buy kippers and it's famous for its jet jewllery.
Apart from the magnifent scenery and coastline the best thing about Whitby has to be the fish and chips at the Magpie Cafe..a treat to be savoured!!
We rented a house there in September and Kerren I thoroughly agree ..I too am addicted to 'Heart-Beat' and 'The Royal' (these are two tv series set in the area in the 1960s) I love it!!

PS...Forgot to congratulate you on your engagement!!!!! :clap:  :clap:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Congratulations, Kat!

I look forward to see the pictures!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Kat, on your Engagement.

Glad that you had a fun time away on holiday.
Looking forward to seeing your  photos.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Congratulations Kat!!

Heartbeat and The Royal!!  Love those shows!!!!  Can't wait for them to come back on here.  We left off at Gordan being in the car crash  bear_cry

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

IMG_2611-resized.jpgIMG_2657-edited.jpgIMG_2649-edited.jpgIMG_2882-edited.JPGIMG_2851-edited.JPGIMG_2964-edited.jpgIMG_2799-edited.jpgPic 1 = Me and Rob
Pic 2 = Whitby Abbey at night
Pic 3 = St Marys church
Pic 4 = The abbey and St Marys through the whalebones
Pic 5 = Me and Rob again
Pic 6 =  Me and Rob yet again
And finally pic 7 = The view from our room window

I just thought you'd like to see us all dressed up in a few of our outfits.

We had tons of photos taken. Both by professional photographers and tourists.

Great fun.  bear_original

warwickshire uk
Website

Kat ...I bought one of those litlte top-hats at the little shop where they sell all the goth gear...except I bought mine for my teddies!!!! LOL

Fab pics ..and many congrats again!!

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

I agree Laurie. I never want to come home either.
I think Whitby feels more like home than my real home does :)
It might be partly to do with them holding the gothic weekend twice a year, so we can wear whatever we like and not get any abuse, which is great.  bear_thumb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow, congratulations on your engagement  bear_wub   bear_wub
  Kat, do you and your hubby-to-be own all that glorious clothing? I love that type of stuff and you two look wonderful in your outfits  bear_wub

Kat Brierley Bears
Website

Yes, we do own all that clothing. It costs a fortune though, which is the only downside (I usually save up to buy one new dress a year). In fact I own much more.
We went for five nights and filled two suitcases and a few extra plastic bags. Most of which was my stuff.  :crackup:

Thanks for all your comments. Don't think there will be a wedding anytime soon though. Long engagement since we have just bought the house.
Only about 2 weeks to go now.  bear_original

Board footer