Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

A very dear friend is taking good care of me by doing a beautiful Christmas avatar for me  bear_grin  I am so very blessed to have such good friends. Do you love it ???? bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I LOVE it! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap: Absolutely!!!  :clap:   I just love the snow effect!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

It's beautiful and sparkly - kissbear.gif1.04%20Raining%20Hearts.gif

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I just LOVE it, Jodi.  How do you get those animated avatars.  Do you have to have it hosted someplace else, I wonder?????

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Isn't our Miss Sarah clever???

Very cool!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Fa

ntabulous!!!  Way to go!

I love it....16 golly thumbs up....Well thats all I can see...

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jodi that is a lovely avatar.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Jodi - you are very lucky, great avatar.  I like the sparkles!

Hugs
Carolyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Very pretty!

Hugs Jane.   bear_thumb

Teddy09328 Esche B�r

A wonderful avatar  bear_thumb Please, Who can help me for a christmas avatar for me????? :pray:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
baronebear wrote:

I just LOVE it, Jodi.  How do you get those animated avatars.  Do you have to have it hosted someplace else, I wonder?????

Patty, wish I knew how to make them but a dear friend did it for me out of the kindness of her heart. I am blessed. If I knew how I would share also . But for now I have to rely on the kindness of friends. bear_grin

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Jodi you are such a sweetie  bear_innocent   I'm so glad you like it, I'm blessed to have such a dear friend as you too  :)

Patty, I posted about how to animate on Ed, but because I've had so much fun playing around with avatars and animations I thought I'd write about it here too so if anyone wants to join in the fun they can :dance:

Anyway, I'm just learning how to animate, but the way I do it is by using a GIF animator. I actually switch between photoshop, ulead photoimpact and ulead gif animator. I create the base jpg in the first 2 programs and then the animations with the gif animator which allows you to work on different frames and then puts them all together for you in a GIF animation. Just incase I'll explain that an animation is basically a few frames put together and switching from one to the other...like a flip book. Its not too hard once you learn the programs and they are pretty user friendly..it still takes time googling graphics and sparklies and putting it all together, but its easier than you would imagine. The fiddly part is when you are adding lots of seperate animations to one photo. So Jodi's came together in a coulpe of hours, but the more complex the longer. Its definitely worth learning tho, it is SO much fun.

I'm happy to help with any questions, the only problem is that I'm not a healthy person so don't have heaps of time or thinking brain time in a day, so I'm just a little slow...in more ways than one te he

The other link that is really helpful when you're beginning with avatars is the challenge section, the digital challenge post...Shelli gives really good advice on how to get started with programs like photoshop and making avatars.
xx sarah

Board footer