Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Do you  ladies with websites, find that they increase your sales or are they just nice to keep your name and business out there.
I have several friends, not in the bear realm, who have websites and tell me that they really do not benefit from their websites except to be able to say that they have one.

I would love your honest imput as to what you feel your website has done for you.
Thanks gals,
Nanc.....

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

I find the web site to be a good window for collectors to see my work. I have had bears adopted all over the world from the website,
so I am a huge advocate of the web. :D
Hugs Kerren

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Yes, I agree with Kerren too, my bears go all over the world because of my web-site. Scotland is not a very big country and we do not have many Bears Shows that we can show our work,so yes, the web is a great way to sell your bears.

Hugs Rita xx

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Nancy,

I've FINALLY answered a question you emailed me a while ago bear_rolleyes  so sorry!  And I'm not sure I was of much help either...

But to answer your question on a website... YES, it HAS helped me.  I do have some collectors who do not like using eBay.  I also sometimes make small limited editions.... and I don't make them until they are ordered.  Couldn't do that with eBay....

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

In fact, I've made my first and only sale because of my website :). I'm a beginner baut I'm convinced website helps a lot :).
Hugs,
Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Absolutely!!!  In fact, I think the internet is the what the whole bear business is gradually moving toward.  Ironically, I think the ability to buy bears online is probably cutting in to attendance at shows.  You don't have the expense of the shows, but the downside is not being able to see and touch the bear "in the fur".  Bottom line?  Websites and online purchasing is where it's at . . . or at least going!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am hoping this is that having a website helps! So if anyone wants to add my website to their links page, go ahead!  any word of mouth will help little ol me! LOL

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm with Sue Ann.  I am admittedly a cyber-invention; my entire business... most of my research and learning... my mailing list and collector contact... etc.... are all internet-dependent.  When we were having DSL problems the other week I thought, "I'm ruined."  That's how internet-dependent my bear making/business is.

My one hands-on indulgence is the trade magazines.  I subscribe to all that I can afford and devour them monthly.

I do have people writing me telling me they visit my site "all the time" so I firmly believe, even though I don't sell from there (yet), that my website absolutely positively influences my sales.

Good, thought provoking thread; thanks for bringing it up. bear_happy

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Everyone makes such good points in this group!!!

I sell mainly from my website...that said however I am totally computer illiterate..I did go on a course last year which lasted 2 weeks because everyone dropped out except for me...is that them trying to tell me something!!

So I am still dependant on a third party to up-date it etc. He is very good and doesn't moan but I do find it all a bit of a bind...as I am clueless and can't just get on with it.

I find therefore that I send a mailshot out before I update to save him work...but that backfires sometimes as if all those bears get adopted I don't update the website so new customers get off-put but the lack of updates.

I couldn't exist without the website...it allows potential customers to see bears that they would never see otherwise.

I agree with Sue Ann...I think it definitely has an effect on attendees at shows. But then I think I sell some bears at shows because they saw them on the website and come looking for them.

Jenny

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Nancy!

I sent ya an email but am not sure if I have your current email addy bear_original

Deb Upstate New York

Mailing list?  Collector contact?  Some of us are just sooooo green, lol!

Deb

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

oh yes...Laura, thank you so much!!  I did get it.  When it is later in the evening, I will take the time to enjoy it...but for now, yes, my email address is correct under my avatar.

I have really enjoyed reading all the responses to my question.  It seems that everyone has a unanamous YES to the website usefulness.

Thank you so much.
Nanc....

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I think that like the others have said  the web-site is  a great tool of getting our bears out there.
Some of my Bears have gone to the USA, England, Australia and the other day Canada.
It is interesting looking at the stats  breakdown of where people are looking at them from - interesting
Countries.

As Sue Ann said, the only drawback is they can not actually see and touch the Bear in the fur.

Hugs
Carolyn

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh I think a webpage is a necissity!!  I have sold many bears from my webpage, but also have had people check out my webpage through my auctions!

Recently, my Mum had asked a rubber stamping list for a certain type of vintage photo that I could find.  She gave my email address to send them to. I got the photo, wrote back and thanked the lady that sent me the photo.  Because my email address was at the bottum of my email in my signature file, the lady went to my page and purchased a bear.  She has been a bear collector for over 15 years apparently, and just loves my bears!!

So, there you go!  A webpage is most certainly worth it!
Danni

Board footer