Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

100_0012.jpg100_0009.jpg100_0011.jpgHere you go...the first from my second pattern...

I've named her Taffy...simply because Cotton Candy is just too long.  She a fluffy ball of super soft pink/white synthetic fur.   She's sits at approximately 11 inches.   I've created a little heart-shaped pouch made from cotton muslin and trimmed with heart machine embroidery.  I then filled it with copper bb's and placed it inside her tummy for weight along with the polyfill.   I carefully scissor sculpted around her face so you could at least see her eyes which I've backed with white felt giving her that darling little baby girl sweetness.   I've also given her a hand scultped nose from polymer clay.  Her paw and feet have also been carefully scissor sculpted from the same synthetic fur.  I photographed her standing, however she only does that with a little help as she is still a baby.  ;)

I have yet to accessorize her as I'm debating on what I want to do but I wanted to share her tonight anyway.

Thanks for peeking!!

Shantell

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a pretty little girl, Shantell . . . yummy fur!  Taffy is a perfect name!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shantell ,  Taffy is sweet heart ♪
I lobe the 2nd photo (close up) she has such
innocent face. cute !

Hugs/Marie

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

OOH.very adorable!!Love the fur,scrumptious!!

Hugs,Shari.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Cute as can be! Very Pretty! Love the color!

Hugs Louise

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yes, like Marie, I LOBE ( bear_grin  bear_tongue  ) her, she is so pretty!!!

Thanks for sharing!
Danni

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

oh don't check my spelling Danni, ;)
i once had an email from a lady who said my spelling was poor and made it look like bear artists were badly educated! :(
I sent an email back and said "are you a teacher or something" she sent a polite email back saying she was a nurse but was very particular about spelling and sorry if she had offended me bear_rolleyes it was a typing error!
hugs Kerren

Australia

Oooh my goodness, That is SOOOO RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There are some terrible spellers on the internet, but who cares really?

I am with you, my spelling isn't too bad.. but typos are another story... LOL  I am too slap dash to double check everything.

I have noticed some countries have more bad spellers than others.. But I'm not going to point out who.. that's just rude!

People suprise me sometimes!
Danni

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

having said that a lot of words in UK are spelled differently to the same word in USA, but still we don't need to be criticised  criticized bear_rolleyes

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

What a charming baby bear!!!!:rolleyes:

Great job! Very sweet and soft look!

Hugs.
Julia

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Shantell Taffy is scrumptious! You have made such a pretty little girl there. I love the colour of the fur so pretty.

Jane.

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thank you ladies...she was fun...frustrating...and I learned a few things.  I need to accessorize her a little and then decide if I want to try and sell her.  I'm not confident on my skills yet...seems I always run into something I'm not sure about.

Shantell

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi, Shantell ,she is beautiful just as she is, I don't think you need to accessorise her at all. Hugs Rita xxx

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Hi Shantell:
Taffy is bearlicious!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I sometimes forget but...when I post a reply before I Submit....I  hit that Spell Check button..its fun to see how many words I spell wrong..or get right....Winney

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh Shantell...your baby is very cute..that fur is so pretty..Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Danni, you wrote: 

People suprise me sometimes!

in your post about spelling, above.  And I'm soooooooooo sorry, but I just can't help giving you a loving little jab over the way you spelled "suprise" (also known as suRprise) in that post.  Ahhhh, irony.  You've gotta love it.

Big, big, big warm hugs and laughter,

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

SHE IS ADORABLE! I love pink!  Can I ask where you got the pink synthetic?

Willamette Valley Oregon

Kim, I bought it at Joann Fabrics...after grumbling about their lack of anything remotely related to bear making I saw it the other day when looking for something else.  Go figure...

I've been holding off buying much mohair until I get my pattern tweaked the way I want it.  Call me frugile...cheapskate...whatever... bear_original

Australia

Shelli,  bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_tongue  :D

I'm going to blame my mistake on a TYPO :lol:

Yes yes, you are funny aren't you?

Even I laughed at the one!! hahaha
Thanks for pointing it out, we can always count on you!
Danni

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Shantell lovely bear.    Just a wee tip though. Something I did'nt know about when I first started & no-one told me either, I had to find out for myself, is....that patterns come out differently with the different fabrics. A pattern designed for a mohair bear will come up nicely with synthetic BUT.. a bear designed with synthetic fabric in mind may not reciprocate. The professionals on here will be able to help you though. I'm only saying that it is a question to be asked. ok. (dont mean to scare you) matildie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shantell, My first thought was Yummy fur...then I saw Sue Ann wrote that first...well it is very yummy looking and is my favorite color.  I want to touch her.:)

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Shantell,

Oh you are so right... she's just like cotton candy!  Beautiful bear and great name!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Wow! you found this at Joanne?  I cant find ANYTHING THERE.... I asked when I first started using mohair if they carried mohair and they looked at me like I had six heads! I will have to try to find some of this material, i wonder if they have other colors.... Thank you for lettign me know where to find it bear_original

Board footer