Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

well...not if you don't like lizardy type things, but these three very rare skinks were born at my local zoo.

I think they are sooooo cute.  When I was at Uni, one of my flatmates had pet skinks.  She had to have a special license to be allowed to keep them.  They weren't as cute as these ones though.

http://stuff.co.nz/3955548a11.html

Stellajella Wien

Melissa, they look so cute and frigile! I wonder how big they can get and if they can eat people  :crackup:

Thanx for the picture!

Gaby bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oooh, aren't they pretty?  Hmmm....I would have thought they would have gotten more action out of two males, and two females than three babies  bear_whistle   Maybe the zookeeper needs to plonk a good 'husbandry' book in front of the adults  bear_laugh

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I wonder how big they can get and if they can eat people

:crackup:  :crackup:  Gaby

we have the least scary animals in the world here - well kind of.  no snakes or indigenous mammals...but that lack of predators did mean that our insects and birdlife do tend towards "gigantism" hence oddball birds like fat round kiwis who have no need to fly (except now we have introduced predators like cats and ferrets)

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh aren't they lovely Melissa.
In our garden we often have the little dark black and brown lizard/ skinks and they are beautiful.

Hugs
Carolyn bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Brilliant Mellissa. I have skinks in the garden. Come winter they like to move inside. I love them !!.I've seen grown women run screaming from them. Go figure??? dicks bear_grin bear_grin 
I have a gecko living in the shed.  Next time I see him I'll try and take a pic. Oh yeah!! there was a skink living inside my bistro umbrella when I brought it outside this summer. I tried to get pics of him but he can hardly be seen. 
Wendy bear_thumb

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Awwww! They are so cute, I want one.

Board footer