Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Tom Peter’s Story:

This is what happens when, say, a hotel housekeeper, sees her purpose as ‘enlivening the senses’ rather than simply clearing up a room. It’s a story that Tom Peters loves to tell. A customer wrote to the Ritz-Carlton expressing his astonishment at the behaviour of the housekeeper during a stay in New York with his wife and daughter. After a day sight-seeing in the city, they returned to their room, only for their daughter to complain that her teddy bear was missing. After a quick search, they found it hidden in the towelling cupboard, with a foil-wrapped chocolate clasped in its paws. The next day, the bear had disappeared again; the daughter found it under the bed with another chocolate in its paws. At the end of each day, for the duration of their stay, their daughter couldn’t wait to get back to the room to play ‘find the teddy’ with a housekeeping maid she never actually met. “It was the best part of her stay,” wrote the customer. ******************************************

puca bears puca bears

What a delightful story - thanks for sharing!!!
huggies
Maria bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Veronica, this is a sweet story!!! bear_wub
What a great house keeping  maid this is!!! Hope she´ll make her way:)

Gaby bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, that's such a nice way to please the daughter!!!!
I guess the fist time the teddy bear went missing the poor girlie may have felt very worried!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a very sweet story!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

That sounds like a good time I could just see the little girl squealing and running through the room trying to find teddy !!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Veronica , that reminded me of the wonderful hotel maid we had 4 few years ago in Disney World.  Everday she would pose my son's teddy bear somewhere different around the room, with a hat, sleeping in the bed etc.  She also made really neat  critters by folding towels in different ways.  There was a new one each day ( that she was working)  on our bed and in my mom's and brother's separate hotel rooms also when we returned from our outings.  it was always fun to see what she made.    I made sure to give her a big tip before we left , she was really sweet !

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

That was a very sweet idea!

Board footer