Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

How do you get the painted eyes so that they don't  look as if the bear has been startled or shell schocked???
Hugs
Gail

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hi Gail,

There is a whole discussion thread about this...here's link...

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=203

I hope this helps!!!   

Shantell

Deb Upstate New York

Good grief ... I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket today.  See how that worked Judi?  I just popped over to the discussion board after looking at Rosy and asking about the eyes and POOF! .... there's a new thread with a link to a thread with the answer.  How cool is that. 

On my way to the convenient store now!  Later ladies (and gentlemen) ...

Deb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Deb,  Thanks for your comment in the bears for sale section. bear_original  I have said this before.  You all inspire me( hey this would be a good thread to start...inspiration)

Anyway about the eyes on Rosy, they are German glass clear.  I painted the backside with blue and sliver glitter sparkle nail polish and two other shades of blue.  I like to add more than two , at least three, colors to my eyes for more depth and I think it makes them look more interesting.

I have been painting the backside of eyes for some time and scraping the paint, in tiny lines and or flecks, then filling in the scraped off paint with BROWN...but I never quite got the look I wanted.  Then SHELLI suggested painting BLACK over the scrape marks and wella!  the results I was looking for.  THANKS SHELLI.  I use a black enamel paint found in the model car section at Hobby Lobby, or other craft stores.  It dries rock hard and seals the paint.

I randomly paint dots of color and let it dry before adding another shade.  I don't want the colors to all muddle together, entirely, anyway.  You can really come up with some very interesting eye effects.  It's fun!  Good luck!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I just started hand painting my eyes.... I have had some come out really well others I wipe off and start again.... I want my eyes to look more realistic....thank you for the tips, Judi! I need to learn to do more natural eyes... I still cant figure out the eyelid thing with leather cording and cant figure out how to do eye whites....

Board footer