Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

K Pawz Guest

Hi guys, I think I am in need of a few of your hugs today!!!

As some of you know I work in animal rescue as well as make critters...back in January my husband and I took in an old man cat who huge cancerous mass in his abdomen, and had some problems with his back legs and couldn't walk well, his owners no longer wanted him as he was a nuisance to them with his health issues....we brought him to our home knowing he wouldn't have long, but wanted to give him all the love he deserved in his final time he had left...he was just a regal sweet boy, who took his pills like a champ, followed me like a puppy dog around the house, kept the dogs in line when they were rowdy, and purred like a frieght train...but the cancer got the best of him, and he took a turn for the worse this weekend, and we had to take him in today to help him cross peacefully over the rainbow bridge to kitty heaven where can run and play with out any pain....My husband and I took turns holding him as he took his final breaths, and we know that he knew that he was loved right to the end, but my god it is still ripping my heart out!!!

Good bye my sweet Edgar Winter please know that we will miss your morning meow and that we will never forget you.

Edgar 13 March 2007
EdgarWinter.jpg

Edgar January 2007
LeoandEdgar.jpg

Hugs,
Krista

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awww...Kristi...sometimes it just hurts and feels good at the same time doesn't it?   bear_cry   bear_wub   bear_cry  What a beautiful boy and what a beautiful way for him to be allowed to spend his final days.

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Krista that is just sooo sad. How heartbreaking  that his previous owners could discard him like that.    You and your hubby are genuine angels for loving this beautiful kitty to the end.  Hugs to you .  I know how hard it is to say goodbye.    :hug:  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry Krista - I can sympathize with you having to say goodbye to Sweet Edgar Winter - never easy is it.
You were so very kind taking the cat into your home and giving him love and making his last days
better for him.
Hugs to you and your family.

Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

nandesign Posts: 361

Hugs to you Krista...I applaud your strength and kindness. I have been through this a few times with dogs...it is never easy.

Take care, Nancy

belle Gold Coast QLD

I am so sorry for your loss Krista, what a gorgeous boy.  It is so lovely that your family took him in and loved him when he needed it most, that is the kind of love that really makes a difference in the world  bear_flower

Kirsty

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Awww, soo sad. It's never easy and I understand what you feel. He looked like such a pretty cat.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:hug:  :hug:  bear_cry
Krista, you did a lovely thing!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Krista,

Edgar Winter was a beautiful cat. It is very nice that you took him into your home and allowed him to live out his remaining days as happily as could be. I know he is frolicking and playing on the other side of the rainbow bridge and knows how much you loved him and tried to ease his pain. It is always hard to loose a sweet and loved animal.

I know how you feel as I have lost many beloved cats.

Sending you many hugs,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aww Krista,

you gave him the best few months of his life, and he had to know and appreciate....Cats do you know, they appreciate by turning you into their servants andbossing you around!  I love cats! 

And so I appreciate what you and your hubby did for Edgar  Winter,  I think you are top cat in my book....

sadgollyhugs

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry, Krista.  I know how hard it is; we've had to put two cats down who succumb to disease over the last two years, and it never gets easier.  I'm glad you have so many wonderful memories, and some beautiful photos of a beautiful cat, to keep close.

:hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

My sympathies, Krista - how kind you were to take this cat in and look after him so well.

K Pawz Guest

:hug: Thank you so much everyone, all the thoughts and hugs you are sending are full of amazing healing powers, I know it will be a while before I can think of Edgar without tears wheling up in my eyes, but knowing that I have so many shoulders to cry on means so much to me...thank you for being there. :hug: 

Hugs,
Krista

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I'm so sorry to hear about Edgar Winter.  I'm sitting here right now with tears in my eyes.

Jane

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

bear_flower  God Bless You. Dorothy

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

So sorry to hear this sad news. It makes me want to cry too.  bear_cry  I too know the pain of losing a beloved cat. I will say a prayer for you and your husband. I know Edgar Winter (what a wonderful name) is happy now and at peace...running through fields of flowers and curling up and purring in God's lap.  bear_wub And trust me that cat knows the kindness you paid to him during his last days. He'll never forget you...and someday when you too make it to Heaven he will come running to greet you.   :hug:

Take care.

Lots of Love,
Eliza

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

I'm so sorry. He was lucky to have found you - you gave him the best gift possible.

I have a feeling he'll be sending you another needy cat - it seems to happen that way.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  :hug:  bear_thumb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Krista I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your dear puss. I have tears in my eyes after reading his story. Thank goodness he had such a loving family to take care of him when he really needed it most. Many, many hugs to you.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Gosh! Krista, I'm sitting here having a good old cry with you, I've been down that path so many times and it never gets easier...I always take comfort in the fact that I gave my animals the best life I possibly could and that I was able at the end to give them peace & relief from their pain...but I'm really feeling for you now, I'm so very sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful & much loved cat...rest in peace old fellow........sending many hugs your way  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

I have tears in my eyes.....bless you Krista!!!  bear_flower

Hugs Yvonne  :hug:

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

well, iv just shed a tear over edgar. 
i had a cat, tigger from being a toddler  and i remember holding him while he died when i was 15, it broke my heart.
im so sorry, but at least he was comforted with love at the end and maybe you can be comforted by that. and isnt it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all? xxx
take care. bear_cry

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am so sorry to hear about your lovely cat Krista bear_cry
It was a lovely thing for you to do looking after him in his last few weeks.We could do with a lot more kind hearted people in this world like you bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awww Krista..I can't help having tears in my eyes either...hugest hugs and love to you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I'm sure he'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge - not the people who discarded him.

Hugs,
Marion

Board footer