Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Charlotte2.jpgCharlottehead.jpgI've had a yen for traditional bears of late and after my disastrous week last week, thought I'd indulge myself in a new 'Timeless Ted' design.  This is 'Charlotte' - she's going to wear a knitted dress which is currently in progress, but in the meantime, (the dress is taking longer to knit than the bear took to design!) I thought I'd share her 'in the bare' and see what you think of her. 

I've been playing around with new head and body shapes to develop my more classic line of bears, in particular to give a more feminine form and I've incoporated my old favourite fabric for paw pads, (I haven't used it for years), cotton velvet.  It's very tactile and really takes me back to my childhood bears.  'Charlotte' is a centre-seam teddy bear and I'm guessing she's around 19/20" in height (I haven't measured her yet!)  She has a traditional cardboard growler in her tummy and is filled with a heavy mix of polyester fibre blended with cotton and a few pellets.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I love the round feminine shape the center sean gives her head! I can't wait to see her dress, although she is darling in the buff!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

she seems very comfortable being bare!
i think shes perfect x

ellen ontario, canada

just LOVERLY Paula!!  i absolutely love centre seam heads.  there's something so adorable and heart-melting about their look.  and her velvet pads are heavenly - so nice to see that "old" look.  thanx for sharing Charlotte.   bear_flower

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

She is so lovely Paula....I really like her head shape...and also her eyes set lower (or is that my imagination!)

makes her look very sweet, and innocent, she's a really pretty girl!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I think you have achieved what you were looking for. I love the new head design!

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

She is really lovely.
It´s a great new design.  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OOOHHH Paula I'm in love!!! bear_wub  bear_wub I want her so bad I can feel the ache in my chest. bear_cry
Oh she is just beautiful bear_wub

Kent
Website

I'm smiling from ear to ear here!  Thank you all!  I'm delighted you like this new design.  I love traditional teddy bears and wanted to see what else I could bring to the style ... I am pleased that Charlotte has turned out just how I'd hoped.  Now I just need to finish her dress (and knickers of course!) so that she can cover her modesty.  It's been a nice week so far, I've really enjoyed getting back to my first love in teddy bears and I've thoroughly enjoyed my knitting and my bear-making!   bear_original

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

She is so captivating Paula, she is just my "cup of tea". Love her.

Warm wishes
Pauline

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Lovely...  what a sweet face!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Charlotte is very pretty Paula and I like the traditional look, you've achieved it beautifully  bear_wub  Good luck on dressing her, I kinda like her bare too  bear_happy

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

sigh.....sigh...sigh.......its so hard when its look but dont touch......................sigh.....

Kent
Website

Thank you all so much!  I'm still working on the dress, front and back are now complete and only sleeves left to finish.  I think she needs knickers too, so a couple more days and hopefully, all going well, I should have some more pics to share!

Incidentally, I'm really pleased you like Charlotte 'in the bare' because I believe it is important for a dressed bear to work just as well without clothes ...

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Very adorable, love the "look" Totally agree with all said and can't wait to see her dress!!  bear_wub   bear_wub

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I agree, she has a wonderful look. I've never used a center seam head but I like yours and I will try it soon. She's very, very sweet.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I just love her Paula...and that nose bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer