Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Does anyone know where I can get some free patterns for knitted and crochet teddy sweaters?
I only found one on the internet , it is knit with a shoulder closure. ...Winney

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Winney,
     I have a book called Knitting for Teddies by Catherine Bouquerel
ISBN 1-870586-50-6 Let me know what you need and if it is in the book I can copy it and email it to you. The pattern fit bears 13 1/2...9 1/2...and also a child 3/6 months and are knitted in 4ply.
Jane

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

Hi  Winney.
    I have a book:  The Designer Collection (for Bears)  edited by Judith Shangold which was conceived with Vogue Knitting to raise funds for children's issues.  There are many unusual I would say projects in the book in addition to sweaters.  They are designed to fit 10 inch bears.
I could scan and send a photo of the projects to see if any are of interest to you.   
     Many of my bears wear hand knit sweaters and hats but I make up my own patterns.  They are also for small bears with very fine yarn  ( 4 &5 inches )  so I don't think you would be interested.  But I have found as an expert knitter than I can adapt many childrens knitting patterns to bears so this may be another way you can find free patterns.   

Janet

White City, Oregon

Oh my...you girls have it ...yeah !

I need a long sleeve pull over for small bears like a 6" and a 10" and 14" .
I have one pattern for a turtle neck long sleeve sweater, fits a 3 to 5" bear.Yes, I will be making some tiny bears too.
I can size them up or down by changing the type of yarn or needle size.Little jackets or cartigans and hats would be nice too....really anything that's cute... I am not an expert knitter but can bumble thru a pattern if it's not too complicated... I sure appreciated anything you  gals can send me via e-mail. See my profile for my address...Winney

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

These are not free books but Betty Lampen has a few books out for knitted bear sweaters. I think they are about $12.00. She has a website that you can order from. http://www.bettylampenknitbooks.com. The sweaters are all different styles and are adorable. Hope this helps.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!:D

White City, Oregon

Cindy ...I use to see her book in doll books...thank's for the link, that will probably be just what I need.....Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aacccccccckk, Cindy... that Avatar is darling!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh  Cindy

Too too cute.  Thank you for sharing!

I just can't get over all the talant. 

Dilu

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Janet,

Your babies have furr collars but not you?  It looks like the weather would warrant one for you too.  Tells those babies of your to share...

They are very sweet.

Dilu

kimkc Australia

I cheat!!!
At the local doll & bear show, there is a woman who always has a stand. She knits outfits for dolls & babies, but sometimes you can find the right size things for your bears. I have the beautiful olive green dressing gown, with a pink border. Now have to make a teddy up for it:lol::lol:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw
kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My step mom makes them for me  :dance:  - I can't crochet or knit, although I am working on attempting another scarf... try lion brand yarn's website... they have tons of free patterns.. i posted the link in another topic yesterday or the day before ...  :hug:

White City, Oregon

Thanks all you gals for the offers... I since have found a few patterns...now I will need to make some samples for the different sizes and go from there....Winey

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Yes , Betty Lampen has 3 different books available, I have them.
bear_original
Lynette

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

If you are interested by baby nowegian sweaters like this one :
Perceval21.jpg
I think I can find some patterns at my mum's home bear_original.
Hugs,
Marion bear_original

White City, Oregon

Jane, Janet, Marion...I can use patterns for bears about 8 to 10", 12" ...love the Nowegin sweater... I would love for you gals to e-mail me with patterns...

Kim Bee...I think I did look at Lion Yarns site..got some kids hat patterns off there and googles for some Premi patterns which may fit my small bears.
I have tons of yarn so want to start using that up...It is sooo hard to find any crochet patterns for bears...I have a few, Chrochet uses up more yarn that knitting and works up twice as fast..he, he....Winney

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Winney,
There is a knitted sweater pattern in the current Teddy Bear Review.  Maybe someone on here could scan it for you.  I would but we can't get the scanner to install. 
Donna

Board footer