Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I wasn't going to post publically about my strifes... I've done that enough...
But I get to a point when I can't bear the load alone and don't want to keep bothering the same close friends with my life's problems so I'm going to dump it on all of you!

My grandmother had Congestive Heart Failure last Saturday and is lying in a hospital bed dying, though not without a fight. It's a matter of hours or days before she will be gone. I'm her primary care giver, my mother has enough to deal with due to my father's health and their best friend dying of agent orange.

In a week and a half I have the first of two bear shows I'm organizing this year to put on. I have 30 artists counting on me to make it a huge success. I'm trying my best to get everything done and I think I'm going to be able to pull it off just fine though I fear my grandmother will pick that day or the day before to pass away. She's always had that sort of timing!

On top of those two things my father's next surgery looms near. The date is May 2.... 4 days after my show. It's a high risk procedure to treat another aortic aneurysm. Scary stuff.

Today I can barely put one foot in front of the other. I know tomorrow is a new day... I just need to get there. I know many people are facing far more dificult challenges in life. I've just had it up to 'here' with everything at the moment.

No need to respond with sympathy and I don't want to here "Poor You".... I just needed to unload, share my struggles and gain strength from just knowing that so many of my special TT friends are at least keeping me in their thoughts, perhaps saying a prayer for a successful show and a little strength for Mom and me!

I'm off to the hospital for the afternoon. My hubby is coming with me... a blessing in itself!

Hugs,
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I don't think words can help....so just know I'm sending along megga  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  and positive vibes from here  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sometimes life is just so overwhelming   bear_cry  bear_cry    :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

You have a lot on your plate right now and it's good you have a place to dump where people understand. We all have difficulties and situations that overwhelm us...and you know you're not alone here. :pray:  :hug:   :pray:  :pray:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

“Friends are the pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes they lean on you, and sometimes it's just enough to know that they are standing by.”     Author Unknown

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Daphne you certainly are in my thoughts...and prayers too.  Sending many hugs for you: :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

You and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts, Daphne.  hug_polar213.gif

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, you can do this!  Sending you strength.
Donna

Stellajella Wien

Daphne, now that you let it all out, you´ve got lots more space for energy! It will be hard to go through what ever comes now, but you are one strong lady, and you´ve been through so many highs and lows.
Sometimes we think, we cannot carry the load anymore, but we always can.
There´s so much awaiting us; the world moves on- we move on.
I wish you strength! And lots of sunshine! And apple-green.

Gaby bear_flower

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Daphine,  All I can offer is a huge hug. and prayers. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, just take 1 day at a time..................so sorry for everything.
My grandmother passed away 3 weeks ago and I know how it is when they say it could be anyday,
she laid there for 11 days till God took her home!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

If I were near I would give you a million  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: and a billion  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
Love you lots,
My thoughts are with you and your family dear girl.
Danni

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Just sending you some hugs Daphne  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

~Melanie

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

You've certainly had your share of hardship.  That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.  Sounds a bit hollow at times like this.  You will get through this.  You're a very strong woman. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

Isaiah 40:29-31 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."   

Just hang in there!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ilze... that is my father's favorite verse from scripture!

Tami... 11 days.... hmmm.....

Everyone... thank you! Hugs are the absolute best! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  That's all I really needed and I knew I could count on all of you! If each of your hugs is an ounce of strength I've now got TONS of strength to get through the coming days! Thank you!

:hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Sending lots of Hugs.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

I see you've already had lots of theses today but as far as I'm concerned a girl can never have too many shoes, handbags, or friends so here you go  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Oh yes and don't forget chocolate!

Hugs,
AndreaM

Pages:

Board footer