Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

hey Ladies.

Sorry I haven't been too active on here as of late. Don't know why guess I just get sick of the computer sometimes.

But I do have news that I would like to share if you would like to listen  bear_grin  bear_tongue

I'm pregnant! Yeah, I swore I would never have kids but a few things changed my mind. There is an old couple maybe in their 70's across the street from us and they don't have kids and boy do they seem lonely at xmas time and it started me thinking about my life when I'm older and the possibility of being lonely.

2nd thing was my husband has been bugging me and bugging me.

So we started to try in Jan. and I get pregnany right away! I thought I would have alittle more time to adjust to the idea but I guess not! I'm 28 but for some reason I still feel too young.

This is my 1st pregnancy and I'm very excited and very nervous. Sounds stupid but I'm worried I won't love the baby as much I love my dog. silly I know but I cna't help it.

I'm just over 15 weeks now, almost 4 months which means almost halfway there! AHHHHHHH!! I'm due around Oct. 11

So there, that's my big news. feels so weird to tell everyone LOL but telling people makes it feel more real to me.

thanks for listening....... :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Congratulations!!   bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower Lovely news on a lovely day!!  Life is grand....and full of surprises!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Heather,

Congratulations!!!

Hugs,

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Heather I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

e15_10.jpg

When we were first married I had 3 cats I adored and treated like my kids, but when I had my first child, I finally knew what pure selfless love was, this is the one person without a doubt I would give my life to protect. And it didn't change when I had my second, I was afraid I wouldn't love him as much but boy you do.

Hugs
Jodi

I still loved my cats, but they no longer was the stars of our photo albums, which they were totally cool with.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ditto what Jodi said.

Huge, giant congratulations to you and your husband, Heather!.  Being a parent is the hardest, best job on earth.  It fills your soul right to the brim even as it exhausts you, both mentally and physically, to the point of requiring hospitalization.

I think every pregnant woman, and most "pregnant" men, wonder whether they'll be good enough to parent their impending child.  The great news is, most are good enough, and then some. I'm sure you'll be among that group.

Please keep us updated on your pregnancy and if you're willing, show us your ultrasounds.  We'd love to see your wee one develop.

Rest and enjoy your couple time together, and best of luck.  Congratulations again!

bear_flower

shuzlebears England

Hi Heather,  :dance:  :dance:
Congratulations and as for being too young.......not one bit! I loved my dog and thought I would never love kids as much..........omg was I in for a surprise. I too was 28 when became pregnant and had my son when I was 29.......
He was born in October too and is now 21, and we kept trying for another right up until he was 18 with no luck. bear_wub  :hug:
Best wishes and take care,
Shirley

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Congrats to you & hubby  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Congratulations Heather!!! Wonderful news! You will be a wonderful mom!

I think like Shelli and Jodi said, you will find in your heart a capacity for love that you never knew existed before when you have your child. It reminds me of a sweet story my sister in law told me of after her first daughter was born. She was sitting with her father and holding her baby daughter. She was feeling something new and she tried to express it to him. She said as she gazed at her daughter, "I love Elliot (her husband) and I love my family, but this...this is so different.. this is almost overwhelming, it's just that I never knew I could love so much...do you know what I mean?" At which point her dad looked at her, his daughter, and said "Of course I do!! bear_wub

There is an added bonus too, I think. Loving my husband as the wonderful father of our children gave me a whole new way to love him too!

Enjoy your pregnacy!!! bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Humungous congratulations, Heather - it's always lovely to hear of a new baby on the way...
huggies
Maria bear_flower

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Congratulations!!!!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
What absolutely wonderful news!!  Enjoy it!!!  I look forward to hearing more, as things progress!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Heather!!!!!  I can't BELIEVE you waited THIS long to tell us!!!!  How on Earth did you keep that all to yourself... you sneaky little thing you! 

Great big congratulations to you and your husband! 

I was REALLY young with my first... just barely 20... and though I had wanted a baby desperately, all my life, when it actually happened, I was scared out of my mind.  How am I going to DO this?   bear_cry
An amazing amout of the first couple of months really seemed instinctual to me.... really.   Babies KNOW what they need, and you just do it!  I know that sounds overly simplistic, and there usually are a couple of moments of panic, but I think you'll find mothering quite natural Heather.  Especially the loving part.   :hug: 

Kim Basta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Congratulations Heather - you'll be surprised at how much you love this llittle one!  It gives life an entirely different emphasis! 

hugs,

Brenda

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Congratulations Heather!!! You will be surprized at how much love you will have for that new baby. I have to agree with everybody!........you will adore that new baby, the kitties will still be a major part of your family but not centre stage, you will find that you love your husband even more for being a great father and last but not least, don't have kids just to visit you in a seniors home, just try to raise them as independant, good, loving, caring citizens and leave the rest up to them! Huge congratulations to you both! I know that you will be good parents!!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

:dance: :dance:  What wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. :dance:  :dance:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Congratulations Heather

!! (do we bold in pink or blue...hmmm, just went with purple instead!!)  bear_laugh 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

aww, thanks guys. I'm really taking your words to heart and DON"T WORRY.......

Thinking about me being older only got me thinking about having kids. I'm not having them just to have visitors! LOL

Tony and I have been together for a long time and feel we have  alot to share and there just seems to be this 'space' in our lives. And if having kids is better than pets then to be honest I CAN't WAIT!

Tony cried when I told him I was pregnant so I'm excited that he will be an active loving Dad. Something lots of us didn't have.

thanks for the advice, I really do feel better after reading what you have to say. Now I should just relax and enjoy my pregnancy. It's kinda neat not to have to lift stuff..........

Veronica I think because you don't know me, you totally took everything I said out of context but I won't let that bother me.  At least this pregnancy is planned by two people who are married, love each other and are financially stable. Nothing to laugh at I would say. But thanks anyway?????

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sounds like perhaps Veronica has had some misfortune with children in her life. Don't take it to heart, Heather! You've been talking about having kids ever since you got married and now I understand the hints in your emails! Congrats.

My hubby and I will be the lonely ones across the street....

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Congrats Heather!
Believe me when I say, your life will never be the same. Children make life so full and rewarding (and trying at times too *smiles*). There is nothing like the first time your child sees a butterfly or an airplane...something you and I take for granted because we have seen it thousands of times before, and they are amazed by it. I believe kids make you slow down and look at the simple things in life again...something we all forget to do as we grow older.

A BIG heartfelt congrats to you and hubby!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

oh Daph, you are my favorite............you really are. I'm sure you know why.

You can come visit us and our chaos anytime!!!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hi Heather.. I just have one thing to say and I KNOW you will know exactly what I mean wehen I say, YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Congrats!
Sonya

K Pawz Guest

CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER!!!!!!

I can't wait to see the baby bulge in August!!!!

hugs,
Krista

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

you rock Sonya! I totally know what you mean! Feels like I've lived half my life on here.......lol

Thanks Krista, you can even rub it for luck! LOL

sorry, I'm soo silly today.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, Big Congratulations, Heather!!! That is just wonderful news and I am sure you will make a GREAT mother!! When it comes to kids there is absolutely NO END to a mother's love and it something I wouldn't have missed for anything in the world - not matter how much heartache and grief can go along with it. Enjoy your time of "expecting" and treasure each and every day after that with your little one!

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow Heather such big news!!!....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!.. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Heather, what FANTASTIC news!!! I had the same worry when I was pregnant with my 1st son and believe me, when you first hold that little baby in your arms - a baby that is part of YOU - you will instantly fall in love. Within a few months of the baby being born, you'll find it hard to remember life without him/her.

Jodi said:

I finally knew what pure selfless love was, this is the one person without a doubt I would give my life to protect. And it didn't change when I had my second, I was afraid I wouldn't love him as much but boy you do.

It's sooooo true! When I was pregnant with William I thought I could never possibly love another child as much as I loved James....how wrong was I?!! Even though Will is a little devil (James never was!) I love both him and James more than life itself.

Board footer