Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BethBear Posts: 27

Hi Guys,

Ireceived a question for seller who is registered with Ebay but only less than a month.  I responded to the seller and then got this email privately.

Thank you so much for your  understanding and honesty,i will like to let you know that you do not need to  worry about shipping of the item because i have on behalf of my client contacted a shipping company that will be coming for the pickup of the item ,Moreso i will want you to deduct $100 for the Buy it now prices .
This means the payment of the check that will be issue and send to you will include the (shipper's charges and my commission as an agent).
My client has said he will not be able to raise another check for my commission and the shippers charges, that is why he will be including both my commission as an agent and the shippers charges all you need to do as soon as you get the check is to cash  the check and decuct the price for the sales of your item and the left over will be wire transfer via Western Union Money transfer the sameday you receive the check.
for the home pick up from your house to my client  if you are ok with this,kindly send me the below information of yours to mail out the check asap

Have any of you sold in this way?  I, of course, will continue the sale on Ebay and will insist that the sale go through Ebay.

Thanks!
BethBear

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Don't do it!!
It's a scam. I know alot of my dollmaker friends have had similar emails. Usually the come from Nigeria. So be carefull. I know that usually the check will bounce in a couple of days, and you're out the 'difference' that you had to send him.
This doesn't make any sence at all to me, so please be really carefull.
Heather

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Beth,don't do it,I got this email during an auction about a month ago and eBay contacted me and warned me.Stay away from them and don't even answer.Send it to ebay to report them.

Hugs,Shari

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I agree this is a total SCAM, it doesn't even make clear sense.  Let us know how you get on, but I would STAY WELL CLEAR!  I have had similar strange emails  and I never even reply.

Hugs,
Catherine

Deb Upstate New York

Report to Ebay ASAP!

Say  n025.gif

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Beth:
I agree it is definately a scam.  I would also report this to eBay and forward the email to them.  Anything that seems a little suspect usually is.   As you said it is best to complete all transactions through eBay.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SCAM!!!  I agree with everyone else!

Thanks so much for all your posts.  I would not discriminate against a buyer so have tried to work through this.  Ebay did send me a vague warning about this post and may well forward it to them.  If anyone would be willing to share the Ebay "name" that you from whom you received a similar post, please email me privately at:
bethbear@charter.net
I will say that the original post named the country of origin as Singapore
Believe me, the red flags went up!  I,too, have had numerous emails about getting money out of Nigeria or Kenya for someone but never about an item on Ebay.

Again, you guys are terrific and I appreciate you so much.
BethBear

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Definitely a scam.  I received a similar email and reported it to ebay.  Sometimes this is a way for them to get your account information.  Then they will really let you have it.  I would not even respond to the email, just report it.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I agree with Millie...it's total scam...don't correspond with them.... just report 'em to eBay.

They don't deserve the courtesy of a response.

GOOD LUCK!!

Jenny

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, run screaming to eBay.  Forward the emails, unchanged, to spoof@ebay.com.  It's not just spam, it's fraud.  Jenny's right; don't even engage.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hmmmmm  Beth I think the general consensus is agreed......run for the hills

and I thank you for posting for the rest of us who are new to all of this- it is a good lesson.

Dilu

PS you have a right to be discriminating and thoughtful in your decisions.

It is not the discriminating as in racisim or religion.  A wise business woman is discriminating in her choices especially on e-bay.

God gave us the ability to have those funny feelings for a reason.  To protect us- good for you for recognizing, and acknowledging the funny feeling and then following through.  Smart Bearlady!

Dilu

Ok, FYI,

The original email came to me through Ebay and was from "g_shoplakaya24" in supposedly Singapore.  The original question was as to whether I would accept a certified cashiers check or an international MO.  Actually that is not an unusual question if you post that you will ship internationally.  I replied and got the fradulent emails to my personal email address.  Thanks to Shari, who suggested I report to "spoof@ebay.com", I did just that with the last email.  Unfortunately my server is out and I cannot forward the first one.  You CANNOT be to vigilant in what you are willing to do.  No one wants to see their hard work and money go down a tube.
Again, thanks to all of you!
BethBear

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

SCAMMER SCUM.  I have had similar fake emails that appear to be from ebay.  If an email seems odd, I too would report it.

If ebay ever needs info from you it will be in your "my ebay" page.  I wouldn't trust  every email claiming to be from ebay.

Best of luck!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I smell a RAT!!!!  Dont do it.  Jenn

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Recently when I tried to forward  several fraudulent e-mails on different occasions to spoof@ebay.com I get the message that it is undeliverable. Has this happened to anyone else and what can I do about it?
Hugs
Gail

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I get emails like this to my website email...... creepy, broken english, telling me how they want to handle a transaction, buy lots, confirmed account... blah blah! PULEEZE!

SCAMMER SCUM!! bear_grin:lol::lol: Love it, Judi!

Board footer