Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sometimes I do random searches on ebay when work is slow.

Well, today work is slow and I found this auction

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Hand-carve-Harley-Da … dZViewItem

amazing work..........but check out the shipping cost!!!!!!! OH MY

This could really get you if you decide to bid. I almost think it should be against the rules because that is just not right!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh my GOSH, that's high! They must package it REALLY WELL.  bear_tongue It also says buyer must pay return shipping cost.... I wonder if it's that amount AGAIN????? hee hee

It really pays to pay attention to the details....

Kimberly W.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Whoa...maybe he meant $2.50...or maybe his wife is making him sell off his collection and this way he scares people off before they bid.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wow!  That is amazing work!  Actually, it IS against eBay rules to do that.... it falls under the category of circumventing fees.... eBay fees that is, and of course, eBay is pretty strict about that!   bear_rolleyes

The sculpture sells for $20.00, lets say... the seller only has to pay final value fees on the $20.00 instead of the $270.00 that they are actually receiving!   That's what I'd imagine at least. 

Too bad they seem to be a sneaky seller.... aparently they are pretty tallented!

Kim Basta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's a GREAT reminder to really read the description of what you're bidding on, and a great reminder that it's best to approach purchases with a "Buyer Beware!" mentality.

Thanks so much for pointing this out to us, Heather. bear_original

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Holy smoke...wonder what the reserve is!!!!

Hugs &

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Unfortunately there are so many people out there who wouldn't even catch the shipping cost and would bid thinking it was a great starting amount and they'd get sucked in! And you KNOW this person isn't going to cancel anyone's bid. I'm sure it's not a typo. I've seen this sort of thing with the .99 cent start bid and the ridiculous shipping charges before. Perhaps there technically is no way for eBay to cancel the auction? That amount goes beyond recouping fees. That's taking advantage of the unsavvy bidder and making a boat load of money! Tsk, tsk!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Tsk, tsk

:crackup:

Yeah, people are crazy. If I wasn't so against the 'man' I would report this auction....but hey at least I know a TT'er won't bid anyway.......

Crazy though

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

The auction has been removed Heather. Looks like ebay caught on.
Those handcarved wooden harleys sell over here for only a few dollars. They import them from Asia.
It still takes alot of talent though.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I have to admit... I reported it  bear_whistle   I just can't stand for people to try to rip people off!  bear_angry

Ever since I started buying on ebay... so many years ago... I've ALWAYS looked at shipping costs because that will determine how high I will bid.  But many peope forget... or don't think... to look at shipping...

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I missed it , it is gone already .

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for reporting it Laura. I was very tempted to do the very same thing.

For anyone that missed it, they were charging $250 for shipping within the US.

CRAZY!!
at least ebay removed it

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Yay for Laura!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Glad to see that this sort of thing isn't tollerated.

Board footer