Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I just received a notice from Connie and Amber of ABC Unlimited Productions that Wally died this morning.  I didn't know him very well, but he was a huge part of the bear and doll industries - especially with his total support and assistance to Linda at her shows.  He will definitely be missed.  You may PM me or email ABC for an address to send condolences to the family.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sue Ann.  Thanks for letting us know.  bear_sad I met him last summer and he was just as nice, sweet. and sincere as Linda.  I am sure he will be greatly missed.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_cry  Oh My God! Wally is Gone.....
SO very SORRY Linda, he was such a sweet man and he and Linda were such a part of the shows and our memories  bear_cry
Karen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I'm so sorry Linda. I saw both Willy and Linda last summer at the Teddy bear convention in Tokyo.
all I said was "good morning" to them......

Thank you for letting us know, Sue-Ann

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I regret that I never had the pleasure of meeting either Linda or Wally, but I'm well aware of their significance in the teddy bear world.  Such sad news.  Hugs and condolences to Linda and to all who knew and loved this treasured family!

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

Wally will be missed very much by many. In the past years participating in Linda's show's, Wally was always by her side and offering welcome to us all. Linda's bear love began by Wally giving her a wonderful teddy as an anniversary gift years ago.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

How absolutely heartbreaking. Linda and family, please know you are in our hearts and prayers. Wally will be greatly missed.

Hugs Louise and Garnet

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Thank you for posting this.
Lynette

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

So sad. Thanks for letting us know Sue Ann
Gladys

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
Shelli wrote:

I regret that I never had the pleasure of meeting either Linda or Wally, but I'm well aware of their significance in the teddy bear world.  Such sad news.  Hugs and condolences to Linda and to all who knew and loved this treasured family!

Like Shelli, I have never met either of them, but I certainly have heard of them and I'm sure Wally will be missed by many.
My condolences to Linda and the family.

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Anyone who is part of the teddy bear world has heard of Linda and Wally Mullins - what sad, sad news.  My thoughts are with Linda and family. :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Very sad news my condolences to Linda and family on the loss of Wally :pray:  :hug:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Very sad to hear of this, they did so much for the bear community, he will be missed, my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

How utterly devastating!!!   bear_cry   Wally will certainly be missed by the teddy bear world, but I really feel the most for Linda and his family.  bear_cry

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Ths news saddens my so much. I have had the pleasure to meet and spend time with Linda and Wally many times. Wally was the kindest gentleman and such a loving husband to Linda. Just to be around the two of them put a smile on your face as you could clearly see the love and dedication they had for each other and the teddy bear world. Wally will be GREATLY missed, I am sure, by everyone who had the pleasure to meet him. My thoughts and prayers are with Linda.
Sonya

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

:pray:  May God Bless Wally on his new journey, and console his family on their loss. :hug:
Love, Dorothy

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Do we have an e mail for Linda !

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

So sorry to hear that. I've never met Wally or Linda but they've been so involved in the teddy bear world.  Sending my condolences to the family.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am sorry to hear of the passing of Wally and my thoughts and condolences are with Linda and her family.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

My heartfelt prayers and condolences to Linda and the family.  What a terrible , sad loss.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Wally will be greatly missed by anyone who had the privilege of knowing this true gentleman.

I didn't see Linda's address posted...so anyone who would like to send her a card can address it to:

Linda Mullins
PO Box 2327
Carlsbad  CA 92018

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

This is something that I heard read at the funeral of a wonderful friend who died a few years ago...don't know if any of you have heard it before...but even though I do not know Linda or her wonderful Wally...I thought this was a fitting tribute to share.

The Dash
by Linda Ellis

I read of a man who stood to speak
At the funeral of a friend.
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
From the beginning to the end.

He noted that first came the date of her birth
And spoke of the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all
Was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time
That she spent alive on earth
And now only those who loved her
Know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own,
The cars, the house, the cash,
What matters is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard;
Are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left
That can still be rearranged.

If we could just slow down enough
To consider what's true and real
And always try to understand
The way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger
And show appreciation more
And love the people in our lives
Like we've never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect
And more often wear a smile,
Remembering that this special dash
Might only last a little while.

So when your eulogy is being read
With your life's actions to rehash
Would you be proud of the things they say
About how you spent your dash?

© 1996 Linda Ellis

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Oh Charlotte! it is wonderful and so true! Thanks for sharing it. bear_wub
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Charlotte... that is so true !!! I almost sent it to you know who .... but ... maybe later......Thanks for sharing.

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

How awful!  I've never met them, but I'm so sorry to hear that.  Thanks for letting us know.
That's a great poem, thanks for sharing.

Board footer