Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi, emergency!!!!

Feet filling to make my bear stand

I have some steel shot and understand that her ankles (think she is a her) have to be very very firm but do I fill all the foot with shot or fibre fill and then steel shot at ankle point???

the foot is about 2 inches long and ankle is about 1 inch above foot

Help

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I think you put a thin layer of filling into the foot, then the shot in a little bag (or the end of a pair of tights!) Then stuff on top. The legs need to be strong enough to support the body.

eastbenchbears East Bench Bears
Chicago, IL

You know what else helps a bit? Take a thin piece of cardboard, and cut it out to fit the foot pad, then slide that into the bottom of the foot. Put your stuffing on top of that. That helps mine to stand! :)
Hugs,
Anita

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Thanks

Chloe- I thought that you might use combo but was not sure how, have loads of old thights etc at least it won't make the feet too heavy

Anita-Great minds think alike, when I made the knitted bears their pawpads bulged so much that I knew there must be a secret to it and card was the only thing I could think off.

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Do you use excelsior? or Wood wool?  If you use from the ankle on up that can help your bears to stand too.  Just pack it in there really well.

Board footer