Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad   I slept wrong on my back last night, and apparently slipped one of my thoracic vertebrae out.  Its right between the shoulderblades, and seems to have pressed a rib out on my left side....and its making it hard to breathe.  bear_cry   MAN is this really inconvienent!!! 

Normally I can get my back to pop on it own with rolling over my gym ball, but not this morning.   bear_sad   And my dear chiro is now retired.... 

Sorry, just felt like whining.... I need some air!  bear_shocked  Send me a squishy teddy bear hug to get it popped back in!   :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Ouch!  Sending you squishy teddy bear hugs!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

mumka Posts: 80
Website

ow, I'm so sorry that you can't breath, it must be terrible! I hope you'll get to normal soon... and till then here are some hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_laugh  is it better? ^^

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Debbie: I hope you feel better soon. That sounds so painful.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bear_original  Actually those squishy hugs seem to be working!! I bent over, and managed to get one of my vertebrae to pop back  :dance:   Now just to loosen the muscles around the other, and get my rib back in place.... keep sending those squishy hugs  :hug:  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here are more . . .  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

sarahjane Brisbane

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

breathe :hug:
breathe :hug:
breathe  :hug:
and breathe some more :hug:

bear_flower
~Kathy

bear_wub Thanks for the extra hugs!  You guys are GREAT!!! 

I'm seeing if mucking out Blossom's field shelter will help...so far no joy, but at least it keeps me distracted  bear_whistle  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

That is very scarey! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Ouch - that sounds so sore.  Hope you are on the mend.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I hate having anything 'out' in my back that makes anything else uncomfortable. I hope by now you've got that rib back where it belongs. Time to find a new chiro... just in case! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kathleen Pa

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kathleen

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: YEAH!!! Teddy Talk hugs have saved the day for me!  :hug:  :hug:   

All your lovely squishy hugs seem to have helped.  I just rolled over my gymball again, and with great relief, felt the rib go back in place.   bear_whistle Thank goodness!  Daphne, I think you're right...time to put out the feelers and find me another great chiro  bear_thumb

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Hey Debbie...sounds like you are your own best chiro...when ya add in the speical hugs.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs &

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Ouch!!!  Glad you popped back into place  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thank goodness your ok Debbie. I live with constant back pain so I can relate to how you must have been feeling. Glad all the hugs have put you right...have some from me anyway.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Debbie!!!  I'm so glad you are feeling better  :hug:

bear_sad Well, it popped back out again overnight, but at least the muscles aren't as spasmed today.  Pretty sure I can get it back into place again with just rolling over my gymball again.  Thanks for all the hugs  :hug:   And Jane, I'm truly sorry you live with such awful pain  :hug:

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

Glad you're doing better.  Here're some more hugs, just for good measure bear_happy  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Debbie, I hope you are doing o.k. and get that rib tomove back and stay put.  Sounds very painful and uncomfortable.   :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Debbie,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I hope you feel better soon!
Urrrrm, I don´t really have a clue, how this can happen, but I sure wish you find a cure against it!!!!

Gaby bear_flower

:hug: A decent hamstring stretch (bend over and touch your toes) popped it back in for me again this morning  bear_thumb   

Gaby, a lot of times if I sleep flat on my back, my thoracic vertebraes will pop out of place, or slide sideways, displacing the rib.  It hurts  like mad, makes it feel like someone's stabbing me in the lung (from the rib), and I just can't get comfortable.  Because the vertebrae and rib are out of place, the muscles around will spasm.  Its not so bad if I can catch it early, then it will usually pop right back in.  I think this one must've happened right after I'd gone to bed, though, as the muscles were pretty locked in, and wouldn't relax to let the vertebrae and rib go back where they should.    I find a lot of times if I have troubles like that, it can take a day or two before the muscles remember their 'normal' locations.  Otherwise, they tend to spasm again and pull the whole thing back out of place.  Truly annoying  bear_angry !  Just as well I can get it to pop back in of my own accord. 

I think its from a car accident I had ages and ages ago when I was a teen.  I landed funny on my back, so I think it makes it easier for the vertebrae to slip sometimes.

Stellajella Wien

Debbie, now that sounds really hurting! Have you ever been to an osteopath? I know,they are rare, but they know how to treat a back gently.

Hope it´s better now! :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

bear_original YES!!!  My last chiro was an osteopath and he was fantastic !!!  He must've been near his 90s but still going strong.  They just don't make docs like him anymore.  He was the one who sorted my arm for me after I'd lost control of my hand from dog grooming.  He didn't even look at my wrist or elbow, but went straight to the shoulder and back, saying the problem stemmed from there, and not the other way around. 

Sadly he's retired now  bear_sad   I mean, he fully deserves to be retired, but finding someone to replace him is nigh on impossible.  And I tend to be ultra ultra picky when it comes to a chiro/osteopath because someone who doesn't know what they are doing can put your back out as easily as they can put it back in.   bear_shocked

Pages:

Board footer