Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

DSCF0017.JPGBlue-beary-.JPGThis is my newest bear, and the 1st pattern I've ever designed. I even dyed the mohair myself with Kool-ade!!
He's only about 5" tall. I didn't want to waste mohair just in case LOL
So, he's not perfect, and I can see lots of areas that I'm going to change and improve on, but still I'm proud.
Thanks for looking.

Heather

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

And proud you should be!!!  VERY well done, Heather!!  Beautiful color and very cute bear!!!  We're really proud of you!! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

bear_laugh oh,he's very adorable,I adore the color,what flavor is he? You should be very proud bear_laugh  bear_laugh bear_laugh

Hugs,shari.

Deb Upstate New York

I like him Heather!  I started drawing just one piece of a bear, then two, etc.  (Adding my own arm, then leg, etc. to a purchased pattern.)  You're brave going all at once!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yeah Heather...way to go girl...

I did that too...just dove right on it.  I was lucky that my first one was a tiny bear that turned out just like I wanted the first time around...must have been a full moon or something. :D

My bigger bear took some tweaking here and there and I'm still tweaking him a bit...

I'm wanting to try some different arms and legs...maybe a chubbier tummy...longer muzzle...oh heck...a whole new bear... :D

He's beautiful...looks like a bluebeary taffy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Heather, he is simply adorable.  You should be very proud.  What a great first pattern and on such a tiny bear.   He does look very tasty in that blueberry fur of his.  Great dye job.......do you do human hair too......I could use a change of color  c008.gif

p.s.  so did it actually snow there this week ? Watching the weather channel it looked rather cold out west !!!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh wow, Heather, he is adorable!!  Well done!!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Heather, he is so adorable and congratulations for your first original bear !!!!!
He is really really cute and I love the cool-aid color. :D

Hugs/Marie

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a great start to your designing!  He's lovely and I love the colour!

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Heather, great job he's really cute & I love his color ~ Sandy

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I bet you are so proud. He is really YOURS now. Great feeling when its yours from start to finish.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Wow! This is really your first design?! You've every right to feel pleased with yourself - he's very cute and (as someone else said) truly yours :D.

My first design was....ahem....not quite as successful as yours.....:cool:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Heather he is beautiful...Love the colour and well done on the kool aid bear_tongue lol

I think he is pretty well perfect from his picture, but I think it shows how creative you are if you already 'see' ways to improve him bear_original well done bear_laugh
hugs sarah

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Like everyone else, I have to say VERY VERY cute and what a scrummy colour...looking forward to seeing what your next bear will be:):)

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He's really lovely. Congratualtions. :cool:There's no turning back now, that you have had a taste of design freedom. I'm glad I drink cool aid. It makes pretty bear though. Not sure I could drink anything blue:lol:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great job Heather.! You did a really nice job with the colors.  It's fun to experiment .  You nenver know what you might discover!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Question Heather.  Does he smell like the kool-aide you used?  I think that woudl be really neat.

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Heather -  you should be very proud, great job.  I am almost ready to actually make my first pattern in mohair and I hope it turns out as well as yours has.

Jill

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Awww shucks, I'm blushing. Thanks for all the complements. I feel so special!
It is very addicting to make your own patterns. And Now I can't stop all the ideas in my head. So many things I want to design now. Just too bad I can't draw!

Shantell, Funny. I named him Bluebeary. Great minds do think alike!!!!

Shari, no idea what flavor it was. My friend had a bunch of kool-aid and I just stole one. Didn't even look at the flavor.

Judi, After a very short time, the kool-aid smell went away. Too bad really.

And for everyone else, thanks again. It means soo much to get feedback. Makes me want to keep going.

Heather

Pipa UK

i think he is great Heather bear_original lovely colour too !!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heather, this is a great bear and I love his proportions.  Really great work!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Very neat! love the color! i bet he smells good too!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Heather - I think he is soooo cute and amazing for a first bear design - I love the blue too - Big congrats :)

Bear Hugs
Catherine

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Heather love that little one, beautiful colour did you say Kool-ade not that stuff you drink,  the only kool ade i know is a drink fran

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Heather you did a superb job!!! What a beautiful bear! You will have an awesome time with patterns if this is your first!! great Job!

Many Hugs Louise

Board footer