Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I am not trying to brag, so I hope, hope, hope it doesn't come off that way, but I was so excited I wanted to share with you all. I had made a bear and listed in the gallery here on TT and everyone was so kind with your compliments, THANK YOU!!!! I had wrote about where the money was going for this auction.

here is the info I wrote:

"Here is my newest Storytime Bear , I am doing him for a kid that is staying with us over the summer, he is such a neat kid, he is a student at the local college, he is a T-comm major, he is in summer school and they are making a film about a local artist named Mandy.  They have a very low budget so I told him I would make a bear , put it on ebay and donate the proceeds to the film.  The movie is titled "Grove Lake" and it is about an artist named Mandy and long story short she is trying to save the canadian geese in her area by doing paintings, everyone loves them and she then tells them they are made out of goose poop.  They will try to enter it in the Heartland Film Festival."

OK it sat for 79.00 for most of the week then it went up to 122.00 which I was so glad it went over 100, I was really going to be tickled if it went higher, because all the kids that are doing this movie have been watching the auction. Well I went up 4 hours before the auction ended to check the price and it was at 129,  I told him I was really bummed it wasn't helping them out more.  I checked on it when it had 30 minutes left and almost peed my pants when I saw it was a little over 400 then I refresh the page and it hits 610.00 I run to tell him and he thinks I am joking, he runs upstairs to see it and starts jumping up and down and high fiving me, then his phone starts ringing, all the kids are calling him to see if he saw the auction.

Now he says that the person who won will get front row tickets to the festival . Their bid made this movie happen, they were out of money and not sure where it was going to come from.   I am a little worried though the person who bid has only 3 feedbacks   So everyone please keep your fingers crossed this doesn't turn out bad. I am over the moon but a wee bit nervous.

hugs
Jodi

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

That's exciting Jodi!  I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well!!

Hugs,

Julie

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

What a lovely and exciting story Jodi ... hope everything works out well for you all!  bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

How wonderful Jodi!!!!  I'm so glad that the kids will get their movie  :dance:  and that your plan worked, you have a generous and loving heart and were so kind to do this for them  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I hope he sells for way more , I love that bear bear_grin

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

So pleased you got a nice amount for your bear and good luck Jodi !!
hugs,Louise x

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is a wonderful story and good luck with the making of the film.
You are kind and generous in helping, by donating your bear.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Wow Jodi ... that is so very cool !! I can feel the excitement in my heart !! I pray the money comes through !! How exciteing !! How exciteing !!

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

What a wonderful story.. I will keep my fingers crossed too!!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What a great story, Jodi. The kids must be so excited and it sounds like you are, too.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

What a wonderful story
I keep my fingers crossed for you

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Jodi! That is so awesome my Dear!!! I would be running around in circles with excitement too! I would not worry to much as we often have bidders with little feedback and have never had a problem. I think those bidders have to start somewhere and I know they worry about negative feedback. So dance with excitement because it is all good!

Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Tina Remem-bear Artist Bears

Hiya Jodi

How wonderful, you must be so pleased, I KNEW (!!!!!!!!!!) he'd do well cos he's just SO DARNED CUTE!! bear_wub

Congratulations!! bear_thumb

Huge Hugs
Tina

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

That's amazing!  So glad to hear it went well!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Uh, yeah, of course your bear is going for that much! If I were rich, that'd be my max bid.

I'm sure this person just wants your bear. i wouldn't worry about it too much. 3 feedbacks is ok, it's just the ZERO that i worry about.

Congrats by the way!

sarahjane Brisbane

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Well done Jodi...such a kind a generous thing for you to do...and a kind and generous offer from Susan too!!!  :clap:  :clap:

Susan that is so nice of you, what a kind offer. :hug:
I did hear from the person today, they said they are waiting on a charge card to get there and they would pay on Thursday, So, so far ,so good.
Thanks everyone for the kind words , you guys just make my day!
It's so cute, Kris (the kid that I did this for) said that the person who bought this, will get special thanks in the credits of the movie, so this person will have their name up in lights.
Hugs
Jodi

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OH wow that is wonderful news Jodi. I saw your bear only this morning on here. It is so cute, one very gorgeous bear. And what a wonderful price!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
crossables crossed!!! :dance:

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Jodi thats a great story! very kind and generous of you! and what a poitive thing all the way around ! supporting him..the arts etc! youre amazing!  deb

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

positive thing! i have got to watch this keyboard more it skips letters! bear_rolleyes b

It's so funny, when I list and sell a bear I am thankful for anything above my cost to make and list, I have seen some really GREAT times on ebay, in fact in the old days bear_cry , and man am I getting old, I could get a bear up and it would hit a really good amount pretty fast :dance: , then my big bidders stopped bidding, I was devastated bear_cry , it seemed like I couldn't give a bear away. But then things started going well again  :dance:  not meaning to sound like a broken record, but alas it slowed down again bear_cry  but I learned some really important lessons, In the bear business, there are ebbs and flows, there are highs and lows, that has been a hard lesson to learn, but over the years I see almost every artist experience it, even the top artists.  Right now my bears have leveled off, meaning: some do really well and some don't do that great, I believe this is the norm in the bear world.  But I am so glad that fate picked this bear to do really well, because it sure felt good watching the excitement it caused in these kids.  It is times like these that make me happy to do what I do.  bear_original

:hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Jodi, i always knew you were an angel!
Well done!
I have to check out which bear of yours this is all about, as I am not sure I saw him...
anyway, i am not surprised at all, cos your bears are absolutely adorable.
I happend to see that thread where you recently posted a photo of one of the Ewaks you made and I fell in love for him. Now i want one!

Way to go, dear Jodi!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What a wonderfully generous jesture on your part Jodi .  You must be so thrilled with the auction price !!!!    :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

that's so nice of you!  Hope it works out well!

Board footer