Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Stellajella Wien

I think, if somebody knows something about TT, then they might sneak in from time to time, as a guest, to benefit from what they read, otherwise they wouldn´t know, right bear_tongue

In my opinion, anything public is political, so what? If you talk to your neighbours, you get politcal, if you read an ad in a newspaper, it is political. If a lady, let´s say, somebody teaching somebody how to teddy, talks to a lady who got tought how to teddy, it is political.
Whenever you take sides for or against something, it is political, so, this lady is completely right, we are political  bear_grin ...and she is too.

It´s just sad, that the lady you spoke to is afraid of making up her own oppinion. But then again, everybody who comes to TT does it  out of free will, so, who ever does not want to: tough luck bear_tongue

Dorothy, I love your question abt side walk experience :crackup:

Gaby bear_flower , the political animal (as Aristotle mentioned)

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

TT isnt polotics - politics even - its an adiction - a passion - a compulsion !
get your daily dose !
show-off , share, read cry laugh and jump up and down ....

im cat and im adicted to TT
thanks

oh - i can never have a sidewalk experience coz he we have only footpaths and pavements !
and toMAHtoes too :-)

what an odd comment
im glad i joined when wendy ordered me too  :crackup:
cat xxxxx

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I don't think I have much to add to this but without TT I think I would just be lost. As a bearmaker who has gone from just doing thread bears to sewn bears and trying my hand ad NF'ing I don't think I would've learned as much as I have without TT. Living in Central Florida there aren't many bear makers in the area so who would I turn to for help. I have lots of books but sometimes they just don't explain things the way they need to be explained. Not to mention learning how to make an nice avatar and banner thanks to Shelli for creating the challenge.

Then there are just some things, like Jodi's broken needle, that only another bear maker can relate to. Who would else would sympathize if we didn't have TT.

I have to agree with what others have said, this teacher doesn't want the competition or thinks she will have to share all her secrets. I do believe she is doing this new bear maker a great disservice by telling her to stay away from TT because it is political. Could she have been a TT'er once and someone made her made and now she is only telling the bad and not the good?

The moderators do a wonderful job of keeping the forum positive and reminding people about rules. In the year I've been here I don't think I read anything that needed moderating.

I have developed many friendships through this forum that I would not have had the opportunity to make had it not existed. Especially those with people in other countries who I hope to meet someday.

Hugs,

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

WOW!  I had no idea I'd set off so much comment....thanks to each of you for reassuring me that I'm not loosing it!!

It is sad that the gal in question would be missing out on all this great sharing and companionship!

Best we can do is just keep spreading the word I guess

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Drives me nuts when negative comments are made about the freedom to discuss a subject which is important to all of us here.  Naturally we don't all agree with every expressed thought, after all, as individuals we participate in the industry often from differing perspectives, but the beauty of TT, has to be that it provides a common ground where we can discuss issues which should be discussed and it provides us with a forum for support, both personally and professionally.  Now why would that scare anyone off?

Odd. :doh:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

We should talk positively about TT because as a whole, it is because of this forum that we are able to have friends we would not otherwise have.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I especially hate posting after Shelli because she's so good with words.   bear_original   bear_tongue     But I don't think TT is political, and I think the advisers do a good job on here.  You can't control what people say and conflicts happen, but overall TT is a supportive and friendly place.  I even feel welcome and I'm not an artist.  I've met so many great artists that I never would have met without TT.   The ladies that made the bad comments are missing out.   bear_sad

Board footer