Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

beaglepuppyTT.jpgA few months back I asked for advice on making a toy that was washable and safe for babies, without joints or glass eyes etc. I was lucky to get great advice from this forum and I am delighted to say the resulting Beagle and his brand-new pal are both pretty cute!

My brother & SIL have 2 beagles and are involved in beagle rescue. They also had a cute puppy theme for the nursery of their freshly-hatched first non-canine baby, Melody Grace. So I was challenged to come up with a doggie pattern for a soft floppy guy. I ordered some Schulte synthetic and it is soft as a cloud. I had never made a guy with so many pieces! Beagles have lots of colors, I was worried about how well it would turn out with the black saddle and light colored paws etc. And I wanted him to have a little white blaze on his nose! I never made a laying-down guy before, either. I am pretty happy with the result tho! He is nicely huggable. I embroidered the eyes and gave him a wool felt nose. He's got brown satin inside his ears, and his collar is a neato vintage cotton trim. I tied a little card to it with vintage rick rack:

965982065_3dd97731d6.jpg

My brother took the photos, I was in such a hurry to mail off her package before she outgrew the clothes we got her!  bear_grin  :crackup:

966828458_41c97d0cb7.jpg

I wanted to personalize him:

966831950_ea52b71b4d.jpg

966833056_e217b8e6c6.jpg

They seem to be pretty good friends already:

966825174_8a05356e07.jpg

I admit I don't mind him being upstaged by her formidable powers of cuteness!  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Adorable . . . both Melody and Melody's puppy!!!  You did an outstanding job, Kim!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Just sooo cute.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I'm just starting to think about baby toys for my new granddaughter. Outstanding job!

Marion

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

HOw adorable , the pupry too :crackup:

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

awwww super job - can  i ask what the fabric is ? it looks like velboa only nice and works well on your piece :-)
cat xxxx

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub they are both beautiful creations bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

kim, super work
i left a comment here yesterday but didnt hit post - duh !
i love  the fabric - what is it it looks like velboa? very good choice for a babies piece ...

i still have red wheeled rose here ....
cat xxx

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WONDERFUL and the doggies cute too. bear_grin

Board footer