Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Well after almost a year of "thinking about it", I finally opened up an Etsy shop. I'm not an E-bay user so I thought this was a good alternative.  Yvette (ydaydream) was the one who inspired me as she's had one for probably almost two years now. I listed about 7 items in a wide price range so I guess I'll see how it goes. If you have an Etsy shop, how have you been doing on Etsy?  What price range items do you list?

Oh, here's my shop link:

http://qdpatooties.etsy.com

Hugs,
Lisa

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I have an etsy page, but I've only ever listed one bear on it bear_tongue I know oher people do pretty well on there though...

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Love your bunny.  I have never heard of Etsy before.  Let us know how you do.  I still have not tried Ebay etc., but plan on getting a little more assertive this fall with on-line auctions, ebay and maybe etsy.  Best wishes going your way on this new endeavour.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I'm wondering how our more expensive collectibles will be received on there though.  I know a few bear artists use it but what price range really "sells" if you know what I mean.  I mean on E-bay people seem to understand what it means by the term "artist bear" and pay accordingly.  I might get up my nerve to try E-bay later on this year.

I do have one listing on Bid4bears.com though!  I'm getting my "auction feet" wet there!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

P.S. And thanks for the comments!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Well, I know that the lady who makes eastbenchbears (how awful! i know her trade name but not her real name! I think it's... Amelia?) sells on Etsy for good artist bear prices, and sells quite frequently... look her up!

EDIT: Looked her up, it's Anita, so I was close!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Hey, I just sold one that I listed like an hour ago!  It was $150.00!  Woohoo!!!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I saw a post on one of my fiber lists yesterday and the point she made was intriguing enough to send me to her items for sale - on etsy. This was my first time to utilize the site.

I bought 2 of her books, and had to register on etsy in order to complete the purchase. I guess that's no different from what eBay requires but I did that so many years ago that I'd forgotten.
Now I'm halfway to having an etsy shop, if I feel the need.
But, as I'm still trying to get a completed, functioning website together I guess I don't it yet, or an eBay shop.
You'll recall my Webbie Blues in the past 18 months: Ilze knocked herself out to build my site from scratch (while she's still battling her respiratory issues) and put it up in less than a month - I'm the hold-up this time!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Lisa (Advisors?) - is there a way to put a hot link to etsy shops, like the eBay, PM, Blog, Website, Email in our avatar?

Just wondering...

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

eEtsy is really good but can be hard work.  I have sold through there but  don't push the shop as much as I should so I don't sell as much.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

So far, I'm pretty impressed.  I've been on there three days and sold two items.  One to an actual bear collector and one to a person who is not.  So I kind of feel like even if I didn't sell anything, I'm introducing new collectors to artist bears.  Just my thoughts though...

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Lisa,
Congratulations on you success with ETSY so fast!! I opened an ETSY shop a while back & I have not had any sales at all yet, so I am getting a bit discouraged. I have a variety of different things listed, from beadwork & needle felting to baskets. I have things priced from $5 to $225. I am trying really hard to figure our how I can get more folks to know about my ETSY Shop at this point. I only have 9 folks who have my shop maked as one they love so far, and I have seen shops that have hundreds.

Hugs &

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

You know, I really don't think I've done anything special.  I did announce it on my Blog.  Maybe I need a place for "My Friend's Etsy Shops" or something on there.  It would be nice too if we had a link underneath our avatar like Bobbie mentioned.  I don't do E-bay (still chicken - hear me squawk!) so this and Bid4Bears are my other alternatives.  I did use plenty of "tags" including one that was called "strange."

I think Yvette (Ydaydream) mentioned that if we had enough Bear Artists on there that we would get our own category.

P.S.  I only have 12 people that "heart" me if that means anything!

Hugs,
Lisa

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I have an etsy shop. I've made about 5 or 6 transactions on there. It's a bit cheaper than ebay. But I think my buyers linked from my blog. My prices on etsy are what I would normally charge to anybody else. I personally don't scan etsy to buy things, but I definitely link to it from artist blogs. I have been eyeing a bear for some time and hope it's still there when i get my first paycheck!

I think etsy serves a great purpose and it's super easy to use. I think it's a safe way to do business if you don't want to handle it yourself.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

So far, I'm pretty impressed.  I've been on there three days and sold two items.  One to an actual bear collector and one to a person who is not.  So I kind of feel like even if I didn't sell anything, I'm introducing new collectors to artist bears.  Just my thoughts though...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make that 3 Lisa..... I couldn't resist Feedbag Fillmore.
Sonya

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thank you Sonya!  It makes me feel great when artists I admire want to buy something I made!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I have 9 who love my shop in 3 months...You have 12 in 3 days... and you are selling..This is what I am trying to figure out.. Way to go Lisa & all who buy her beautiful creations!!!I am so thrilled for you all!!!
Hugs &

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I really think the key is the "tags" you assign your items as well as the photographs.  One tag that I put on a felt bunny that I sold earlier today was "strange" because he was just that and I was shocked someone purchased him right away (another bunny Sonya).  So if you look over your tags Charlotte and choose as many as you can to get your items "looked at" then you might have more people view your beautiful work!

Hugs,
Lisa

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I've had an etsy shop since May and haven't sold a thing. There are 15 people that "heart" my shop. Lisa, you are good with "tags" and "labels". I think that definately gets you more traffic. After visiting you at expo, Lisa, I am starting to think my prices are too low. I only had a short time to look around but based on others prices I think I might still be pricing by 1990's standards.

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Job well done!  Sounds very encouraging.  I am happy for you.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

WOW! I didn't even know about the "who hearts me" thing. That could be my problem...I don't service my shop enough. I checked and I have 32 people who heart me! Neato. I have to start checking y'alls etsy shops. I see some of your bears go up on ebay and the prices are already out of my league. Maybe I will be lucky and get one of my favorites on etsy.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

I love browsing Etsy, but haven't sold anything on it yet - maybe I'll give it a try!

Congratulations Lisa on your Etsy sales! :)

I agree, I think it would be good to have Etsy links under avatars too.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks everyone.

Oh, while I'm thinking about it.  Another thing I'm going to try to do is to put one new thing in my shop (a lower price tagged item like one of my felt pieces or a sock animal) to bring people in to see my mohair bears/rabbits.  I think even if they don't buy the more expensive ones they still get to see them which is good exposure for our Industry.

Just my thoughts!  Thanks for all your support!

Hugs,
Lisa

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

I love "strange!"  bear_thumb I have a etsy shop but haven't really done anything with it. Now I am encouraged and enlightened by your bravery Lisa. :clap:  When I get home from work tonight I am going to fiddle with it and see what happens. About Ebay, Lisa I really don't care for it, too big and impersonal to me I think you've got it figured out, blogging, etsy and all. bear_thumb  Have you tried lovli.com? It's an up and coming etsy tpye site and free too, they are based out of Portland Oregon.
I saw the article in T.B Friends that had your kiddies pics. So cute bear_flower How lucky and busy you must be.
Your friend, Dorothy

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Dorothy wrote:

I love "strange!"  bear_thumb I have a etsy shop but haven't really done anything with it. Now I am encouraged and enlightened by your bravery Lisa. :clap:  When I get home from work tonight I am going to fiddle with it and see what happens. About Ebay, Lisa I really don't care for it, too big and impersonal to me I think you've got it figured out, blogging, etsy and all. bear_thumb  Have you tried lovli.com? It's an up and coming etsy tpye site and free too, they are based out of Portland Oregon.
I saw the article in T.B Friends that had your kiddies pics. So cute bear_flower How lucky and busy you must be.
Your friend, Dorothy

Thanks Dorothy!

I haven't tried lovli.com (must have missed it in the TBF issue as I rarely get a chance to really read things - LOL!) but I'm going to go check it out.  Sounds interesting.

Also, thanks for the sweet comments about my girls (I call them the Tritods - triple toddlers).  They are good usually but sometimes I have to go do a silent scream!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Lisa - I have a question, hope you don't mind.  How do you add a banner to your etsy shop?  I can't find out how to do it anywhere.

Update:  Found it!

Board footer