Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hello everyone, I have just spent the last three hours going through my 730 photos I took during our Walt Disney World Cruise.    I think this site may crash if I post them all  bear_laugh so I will post a cross section of our trip.

Here we go...DAY ONE.

I have a love/hate relationship with flying but you just can't beat flying.

We flew from Milwaukee Wisconsin on Saturday August 11th to Atlanta, then on to Orlando Florida.  We stayed the night at the Hyatt Regency Hotel which is right inside the airport. 
DCL-airport-04-1.JPG
ORLANDO AIRPORT
From our hotel balcony we could see the Disney store, and lovely fountain, and lots of activity with passengers coming and going.

DCL-airport-01-1.JPG
ORLANDO AIRPORT

In the morning the Disney cruise ship bus took us to Port Canaveral where we checked in and visited with Minnie Mouse.

DCL-Port-C-02-1.JPG
DCL-Port-C-03-1.JPG

We signed in our children (Only Rachel and Joey came along.  Our oldest could not be with us for this trip bear_sad ) with wrist bands and we were provided with a beeper so if we wanted we could drop our children at Aloft for 10-12 year olds, or the Oceaneer Club for 3-4 year olds for scheduled activities.  (Joey Marched with Mickey Mouse)  It's really awesome.

Only one family at a time boarded the ship and as we crossed a bridge onto the ship there was an announcement, "The Disney Cruise Ship Wonder Welcomes THE PAUL FAMILY!!!".  Each family received the same welcome.  What a way to start. bear_thumb

DCL-day1-01-1.JPGDCL-day1-09.jpg
Our State room was amazing.  We had a double bed and a sofa which turned into a bed, then a bunk bed pulled out of the ceiling.  Our rooms were prepared for us each night by wonderful staff who not only turned back and set up our beds but created towel animals on the beds with chocolates. We had two bathrooms.  One with a tub, shower, sink, and mirror, and the other one had a toilet, sink and mirror.  We had our own fridge and veranda with a gorgeous view of the Atlantic Ocean.DCL-day4-41-1.JPGVEIW FROM OUR STATE ROOM VERANDADCL-day4-44.jpgRACHEL AND JOEY , VIEW FROM OUR VERANDADCL-CC-56-1.JPGDCL-day1-16-1.JPGWhat really nice about this cruise ship is it that everything up close and personal.  There is a lot of interaction with characters.
But anyway, back to day one...we really spent the rest of the first day just familiarizing ourselves with the ship and finding our way around.  There was a huge count down sail away dance party with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Chip and Dale on deck 9 open to air which had such intense energy it was intoxicating.....but this was only the beginning...it gets better with each day. DCL-Nassau-05.jpgDCL-day1-14-1.JPGSAIL AWAY DANCE PARTY

The ship has a gorgeous Broadway style theater where we enjoyed a different show each night.  The first night we were entertained by Mike Super a comedian/magician.  He was really cool but the shows got better each night until the final night which totally blew us away.

Each night after the show we had dinner at a different dinning hall where our wait staff followed us through each  hall so we got to know them.  The Disney ship had a crew staff from over 58 countries.  The first night we dined at Tritons and we felt like we were under the sea as the room softly changed  during dinner from shades of sea greens to cool  blues.

DCL-day3-03-1.JPG
Here is the elevator floor indicator.  Even though there were really neat glass elevators we took the staircases as much as possible.  Heck, if we wanted to enjoy all the unbelievable food then we wanted to work some of it off. bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

DCL-day4-40-1.JPG

DCL-day2-02-1.JPG

Well, we were off to an amazing start.  Stay tuned for tomorrows adventure to Black Beard's Cay, an island in the Bahamas where we will swim and feed stingrays in their natural environment.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Wonderful day 1!!  Can't wait for the rest of the trip!  Thanks much, Judi!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

TOOOOOOOOOOO fun !!! MORE ...MORE !!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Judi, if that was day one then I can't wait to see even more. Thanks so much for sharing your fantastic holiday with us. Your children must have loved every minute of their holiday, I know I sure would have.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Look at those appy faces!!  can't wait for more.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Awesome Judi!! Your photos are fabulous and it looks like so much fun!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Looks absolutely magical and a great start to the  holiday

Warm wishes
Pauline

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Wow, great start to a great holiday Judi.  My gosh, your kids are looking older - it's amazing how quickly they grow up!! Still adorable little blondies tho!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Danni

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Delartful Bears wrote:

My gosh, your kids are looking older - it's amazing how quickly they grow up!!  bear_wub  bear_wub
Danni

Yes, my friend, and thanks to you they have been immortalized on my mom's bag.  She get so many compliments on it.  I am so glad I had you make that for her. :hug:

Board footer