Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Laura Posts: 4

Hi Ladies,
I'm new here and I'm sorry that my first post has to be a sad one. I thought you would all like to know that the teddy bear world has suffered another great loss.

Kathy Wallace of Stier Bears passed away peacefully last night. Arrangements have yet to be made. If you would like to send flowers or a card, the address is as follows:

If you would like to send a card, Jimmy requested that they be sent to his home address.

James Wallace
2022 East Main Street
Douglassville, PA 19518

Bear Hugs,
Laura

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh that is such awful news bear_sad  I knew she wasn't feeling well but I didn't know it was this bad.

Thank you for the address!

Hugz,
Laura Lynn

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe! A very sad loss indeed! Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with the family!

Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh no!  bear_sad  I had heard she was unwell, too, but didn't realize it was life-threatening.  How sad.  If memory serves (and it doesn't always, of late) I met her several years back at the Nevada City show and her table was filled with marvelous, really huge, fuzzy bears.  I know she's cherished in the industry.

Thanks so much for letting us know, and for the contact info for condolences.

(and a little, for now, hello and welcome to you, Laura.)

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

:hug:  My sincere condolences.... :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kathy had a huge following and made awesome bears.  The teddy world has lost a great artist.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

ScottBear scott's bears

I am too sad to tell you all the great things kathy did for me and the bear world...I will post after I get a moment to sit with it.....

Scott

Krys SoCal

Hey, Laura. It's nice to see you here!

I am saddened by this news. I'm so glad to have spent some time with her this year. I just love her bears. Jim and Kathy were always so nice. I bought these two bears from them in June at the Boyds Jamboree. The three Stier Bears I have mean so much more to me now.

kathyandjimSmall.JPG

Laura Posts: 4

Thanks Krys and Shelli for the welcome....much appreciated.

Thanks also for your thoughts and condolences. I'll be printing tham all and sending them to Jim. I'm sure he'll appreciate each and every one.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh my I remember them from my show days !! And what a wonderful artist !! So very sad to hear of the loss. But there is one good thing....there are hundreds of wonderful teddy bears in this world to cary on her love and joy.Thank you so much for sharing this news with us . The bear world will surely miss her.

Board footer