Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

I know that, like it or not, photography is an important part of promoting our work.  I have learned a lot from the many discussions on this in Teddy Talk and on other forums.  (Thanks, especially Shelly, for your Bears & Buds articles)  :dance:

I just thought I might add my tiny bit for anyone interested.  I was in a school supply store the other day and noticed they had a huge range of bulletin board paper in a rainbow of colors.  And what was best -- you can buy it by the yard and it's cheap!  I remembered that professional photographers usually use paper for their backdrops -- so I got a great selection of colors to try out on my next photography shoot.  It won't last as long as fabric,  but  it rolls up for storage and can be easily replaced.  It comes 48" wide, so is wide enough for all of my bear photo needs.

Hugs,  Donna

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A huge thanks for the tip, Donna!  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  bear_smile  bear_smile

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

This is what I use, and I lay it on a table so that the back of the sheet is bent (curved) and resting against the wall behind. It creates a nice, seamless backdrop. Cheap too!!!

Pipa UK

Sounds like a great find Donna, i would love to know how you get on with using it for backdrops !!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes, Great tip Donna.  I would not have thought of checking at a school supply store.  I bought a few rolls of photo back drop paper from a local photgraphy store.  It is very thick heavy paper, but it's about $35.00 a roll.  I have also thought of airbrushing a back ground....when I have the time!

I'll have to check that our. Thanks.

clare14 Country Bears
England

What colours do you tend to go for, or does it depend on the colour of the bear??

yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

Clare,

I think that a light blue is my favorite all-around color for backdrops, and it seems to work for most bears.  But there are certain situations that another color works best.  I just got a yummy pink that I'm anxious to try with a bear that is wearing a burgundy dress.  I also got a great light green that I thought world work behind some of my beige rabbits.  Right now I want to do some trial and error shots and see what happens.  Variety is the spice of life, you know!

Hugs, Donna

clare14 Country Bears
England

Thanks Donna, I will be buying myself some light blue to start off with - I've always used quite dark ones before, but they're not 'right' - many thanks for the tip!!  bear_happy

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Donna,
Thank you for your tip  bear_smile

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I use that card that's used for craftwork....It comes in A1 and A2 sizes and all colours and it's perfect for slotting into my light-tent...and gives a lovely curved light graduation behind the bear. I reckon it's the same thing that Donna talks about....I just get it from an art shop

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great topic and suggestions Donna and Jenny.  We can never use too many photo tips. bear_thumb

Board footer