Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

foster-grant-1.jpgHi everyone!

These little guys made their first appearance at TBAI!  Junkyard Sprites are somewhat shy, but very friendly once they get to know you.  Here's a bit of backround:

They are not found in the forests or meadows where other fairies usually live.  Instead, these rare creatures are found in junkyards and other similar places where they can blend into their surroundings.  This type of environment also provides them with materials from which they create their attire.  These resourceful sprites use many different found objects to fashion their wings, hats, and any other accoutrements they desire.  Afterwards, they give each other nicknames based on some aspect of their adornments.

This one's name is Foster Grant.  She's got a few friends too.  I'll try to follow with more photos.

~ginger

foster_grant.jpg

This is Cordy:
cordy.jpg

This is Buttermilk:
buttermilk.jpg

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Here's a few more photos:

This is Florsheim.
florshiem.jpg

This is Snips.
snips.jpg

This is Nehi.
nehi.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

~ginger

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

lovely bears and such a cute concept!

Marion

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Oh what a lovely story and great pictures!
I love the little bears, very well done  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ginger, these are terrific, and they make a great ensemble display I'm sure.  Wow!  You must be so jazzed about this new concept.  Wonderful!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What fun these bears are!  I love the imagination behind them ... great work!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

ursidae Posts: 227

Inventive and ingenious idea!!  What a wonderful line bear_laugh

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I saw your little sprites at TBAI - they are just beautiful.  They are so cute, with a lot of detail on a little bear.  Love them!!! bear_wub

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

How inventive and magical....love the little story...they are all just wonderful Ginger!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Really, really cute!  Just love them!!!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Oh my gosh, cute cute cute and so clever.  I love the first one with the sunglasses for wings.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

These little guys are wonderful. Love their story and love their attire.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

What a terrific Idea, So new and Fresh!! Excellent work!!

nandesign Posts: 361

What a cool idea Ginger...they are really terrific...I love the unique creativity. Well done!

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

teeeej Brisbane

Omg these are adorable! You are so clever. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

I appreciate all of your comments very much.  The idea for them seemed like a gift!  These are fun little guys to make and have started some very interesting conversations.   It seems like after looking at them awhile, many people tend to choose a favorite.  It was the first question I asked my family (sisters and my mom included!) after I had all the sprites ready and gathered in one place.  My daughter's favorite was Cordy, so naturally he found a new home while at TBAI! 

Now I find myself perusing the most 'interesting' places for supplies as you might imagine . . .

The places these bears will take us!

Thanks so much for looking and giving your input!

~ginger

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

Ginger these bears are so very cute I just love the idea  you had for them finding stuff to put on them must be great fun. How tall are they? bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:
Denise

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Hi Denise,

I guess I could have given how tall they are!! bear_wacko

Thanks for asking!  These little guys measure in at just under 6 inches tall.  Just a little handful and they are on the weighty side, too.  Wouldn't want the wind to carry them away . . .

~ginger

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

This is very cute idea.  Bravo bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer