Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hello!
I have a few questions about growlers.  I've bought a couple and wanted to know if there's a preferred way of placing them.  Meaning is it more common to growl on the way into a hug or away from the hug...which way to you place it???   I did search the library and found one thread, but it was mostly about liquid soap and chocolate bars bear_whistle  bear_grin  bear_grin

I saw in that thread that lots of folks think the growlers sound like moo'ers, but I've also searched out a few sound files and bears do have that kind of sound. So, with so many more users out here now and so many more being collectors I'd like to ask again....do you like a bear with a growler??  Would a growler turn you off from a bear? 

:hug:
~Chrissi

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Chrissi,

I love bears with growlers!  All my big bears ALWAYS have a growler.  I like to place them so the bear growls as he comes towards you for a hug (ie holey bit pointing out towards back seam).  I like to use good quality cardboard growlers, they seem to offer a nicer growl than some of the plastic ones.  By the way, you could always insert a double growl by binding two growlers together side by side, each pointing the opposite way to the other .. that way he can growl coming and going!  bear_tongue

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Bernard is the first bear I have made with a growler. He growls when you tilt him towards you.

I used one of the plastic ones, and to be honest the sound reminds me of a sheep.   bear_grin But, it makes me chuckle every time I hear it, and I think it suits Bernard to a tea.

Board footer