Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kathleen Pa

I've seen it mentioned in several posts for carpel tunnel , bruises and pains.  I've never heard of it before,  where do you get it in the U.S.?   It sounds like something I would be interested in trying.
I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Kathleen

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Kathleen,
     I googled this for you:

Arnica, also called wolfs bane or leopards bane, produces a yellow flower and is a member of the daisy family (compositaceae or asteraceae).
Arnica preparations have been and still are very popular as a remedy for sprains, bruises, and various swellings. Arnica is often used in homoeopathic preparations for the same indications.
The German Commission E recognizes the topical use of arnica for injuries and sequels of accidents (e.g. hematoma, sprains, contusions and edema due to fractures); rheumatic muscle and joint problems; inflammation caused by insect bites; superficial phlebitis.

I started using it recently and quite like it.  It's a gel that comes in a tube and you rub it on the injured area for relief.  I got mine at the health food store.  I'm sure you can as well. 

hugs,

Brenda

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

You can get it in Walgreens.. Dennis Shaw told me of its wonderful healing powers. He swears by it!
Sonya

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I found it in the 'natural food' section of my grocery store.

It doesn't work for me but I know a lot of folks who swear by it.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I have grown up too knowing about arnica and also calendula creams - arnica for bruises and calendula for cuts - my Granny always used them for us.  Arnica was especially good on all my bruises when I would fall off ponies when I was little!!

Catherine
x

Kathleen Pa

Thanks for all the info.  I think I'll stop at Walgreens today while I'm out and pick some up.  Thanks again.

Kathleen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Daphne, given the chance you might try a different brand of arnica.  I've found not all gels and tablets are equal....and I think this may have to do more with my own body chemistry than the actual manufacturers  bear_flower

Board footer