Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I know this topic has  been covered before but I finally went out yesterday and treated myself to a floor model OTT light. WOW - what a difference. I hand-sew and had a floor light over each shoulder before. Now I just have the OTT light and see much better. Wish I could re-do the house with them - in only they weren't so expensive  :dance:

Marion

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I agree Marion.  They are just brilliant.  I have two, and I would never be without them.  The older I get, the more I need better light.  I love the way they don't get hot, especially in our Aussie summers.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I haven't bought an actual Ott light yet, but a few months back I started using a natural light desk lamp and oh my GOSH did it make all the difference in the world!!  I can't hand sew with out it now, it's a total necessity.  bear_original

Since then I've tried out a few different brands and levels of natural light bulbs to see which ones I really like the most.  Some are warmer, some a little too intense.  You can find the bulbs most anywhere now, might be another option for you...until you can OTT the whole house  bear_grin

:hug:
~Chrissi

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

And they do have such attractive Home Decor looking lamps now (desk & floor) unlike just a few years ago when they were all the work-station-styling.
Enjoy!!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Oh, I know Bobbie, I've seen the decorative ones and want one desperately.  Right now I just tote the one that I have from my sewing room to my living room and back.  Maybe Santa will think I've been extra good this year?

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Lisa-I will tell Santa that you are such a good girl-sending Nips to that lady in Canada who was going through withdrawal! You deserve at least 2 of those lights!! bear_grin  Sincerely Jane D.

Brockville, Ontario

I had already been using the daylight lightbulbs in my two lamps but find the difference between them and OTT amazing.  :dance: I think I'm going to need one of them for my sewing machine next.

Marion

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Hi Marion,  Never heard of OTT lighting, but will check out.  I find my eyes get a little older...every year, and working at nite is almost impossible for me now.

Brockville, Ontario

Jo... I got mine at Canadian Tire. They had different sizes and they are prices ($130) but well-worth it! Absolutely glare free.

Marion

Board footer