Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

IMG_2349b.jpgI finished another purse today, and since it is for inventory in a local Art Studio Tour this coming weekend, figured I would put it here.
This is a purse I started by spinning merino roving into yarn. Then I knitted an oversized purse. Next I wet felted it in hot soapy water til it was well felted. After it dried, I made 3 calla lily flowers by needle felting them, then needle felted them onto the purse & needle felted the stems on. I made a beaded button for the closure. I am really enjoying making these purses, however it is a long process.

Lynn Wisconsin

Charlotte,  Your purse is absolutely gorgeous!  It sounds like a lot of work, but well worth it.

Lynn

Adkins, Texas

Thank you very much Lynn.

Hugs &

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

It's beautiful. :clap:  A lot of work! I love the calla lilies, bear_wub  they are my fave!

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Bonnie,
They are mine too:)

Hugs &

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Charlotte I love these purse's your doing

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much Patsy.

Thanks also to my friend Lisa Thoms of Twin Cubs for her encouragement to focus on the purses.

Hugs &

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

The purse is great but it does sound like a very long process.  I really liked the needlefelted flowers added to it.

/bearhugs,

Adkins, Texas

Thanks Mary,
It really is a long process, and when you take into consideration, that we live off the grid, and I have to heat water & use a hand crank washer to do the wet felting part, & spend quite a while doing that part...but I do love making them...

Hugs &

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Charlotte, if our world ever gets creamed by a catastrophe, I want to be living near YOU as we recover, because you know how to do actual, useful, real things, and you do them so well.  Spin your own yarn, knit your own items, felt them with pretties.  Yeesh!  I'm in awe of the breadth of what you can do.

This is another beautiful, beautiful bag.  Love it!

Adkins, Texas

Tell you what Shelli, I would be more than happy to share my knowledge with or without a catastrophe. I do know what you mean though.
Thanks about the purse!

Hugs &

Board footer