Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hello Teddy Talkers. 

The holiday season is right around the corner and we thought it would be really fun to have a Yummy Bear Challenge.  What we would like to see is your interpretation of something  soft sculptured and yummy.

Here are a few examples:

A cupcake bear
A bear on candy cane skis
A snowman bear
a hot chocolate bear
a gingerbread bear
cotton candy bear......

And this is not limited to just bears.  Make any animal you like.
This is such a happy bright and cheery time of year we can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Deadline?  How about December 15th.

Get as wild and crazily creative as you like.  Lets have fun!!!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Judi...I think you've been reading my mind!  bear_tongue   I am in show planning mode today and several of the bears on my list are "sweet treat" themed.
What fun!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great Melissa!  Make sure you post some of them here for us to drool opver. bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well this is great! 

We have some terrific cooks here, so come on guys!  Lets see what you can come up with!

How about they include the recipies ?  That way we could all try.  I know that Daphne has some recipies on her blog that she created, and her chocolat pecan pie is to die for!

gollyyummyhugs
dilu

mumka Posts: 80
Website

So we need to cook a bear? That is so funny! bear_grin  I think it's great idea!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Count me in Judi, thanks for setting up the challenge!  Hope to start working on a 'cupcake' bear soon bear_original

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

What the hay! Hey- sounds like an excellent project for the upcoming "indulgent" season.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of the "Yummy Treats", but I'm afraid I'll be sleeping on it to get some inspiration, or maybe I should be watching a cooking show!

Thanks Judy for helping us stretch the old grey matter...

Mel

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Ive got my thinking cap on now Judi, hope to join in this challenge

Pauline

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Ribboncandyrolypoly.jpgOne of the pieces I made for the Ho Ho Oh BearZ show is a roly-poly and it was inspired by ribbon candy!

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Sounds like fun!
I've had something "in the sweetie bag" for quite some time and it will suit this challenge just perfectly...just have to get it finished!
Count me in Judi!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Ooo, Oooo, I'll try to make something for this Challenge! It sounds scrumptious!

Kimberly W.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

YAY!  I can't wait to see all the yummy bears!

Catherine, it was your post about the cupcake bear that got us thinking of this challenge. bear_thumb  bear_flower

Kelly, I really like your ribbon-candy-inspired orly poly bear. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
mumka wrote:

So we need to cook a bear? That is so funny! bear_grin  I think it's great idea!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

BearzByE Bearz by Ellen

Oh this sounds fun!!!
I'm going to try to make a bear that is inspired by pie...I'll have to see how that works out  bear_tongue

Kelly, what a cute idea, I love it!

~Ellen bear_grin

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

I love this idea!  I've got some good ideas already!
Kelly-love your ribbon-candy bear!

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Thank you!  I had planned on doing a couple more candy inspired bears this year, even before the challenge.  We must all be on the same sugary wavelength!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Judi !!!
What a fun challenges !!!!
I love chocolate chocolate chocolaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. bear_wub
so I'll try to make some chocolate bear.
I have no idea yet but I hope I'll come up with cute one!!!

Sweet hugs
Marie

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi! Judi Count me in for the yummy challenge, I give it a try and see what I can come up with. :hug: Mary

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

For a change, I can participate to a challenge in time...

I am currently accessorizing a very pink bear reminding a sweet. No doubt it will perfectly fit that challenge.
The bear itself is finished and is just waiting for its colours to be heat fixed.

I had a lot of fun making some polymer clay accessories for her (that is a girl).
Right, I heard the ring of the oven telling me the polymer clay thingies are cooked. So back to work.
Photos to come soon, I hope (if I make some today, I will have to deal without the sun, as it is raining outside).

Oh, great bear, Kelly!

Right, here you are : a picture of Candy-Rose.

dsc025111bm8.jpg

Candy-Rose is made with a mohair/viscose fabric in a beautiful shiny pink colour with very dense pile (4-5 mm long). She is about 10 inches tall.
I handmade her hat, necklace and sweets with FIMO polymer clay.

It was tricky to take the photo, sorry about its bad quality. I hope to be able to make more photos when the weather gets sunny.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Website

eggnog5.jpgooo, I like Candy Rose bear_original  She makes me think of cotton candy.

Okay, here's my first "yummy bear."  I guess he really looks more like just a Christmas bear, but he was inspired by eggnog, I promise!  I actually just learned to like eggnog last year.  Anyway, here's Eggnog!  Sorry the picture's a little fuzzy.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi! both of your bears are beautiful,Sofie  bear_thumb and Katrina bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Mint_Chocolate_Chip_by_LL.jpgThis small bear has already been adopted... but I wanted to share in this thread.  Yes, we must ALL be thinking yummy things LOL!!  I think it has something to do with the cooler weather :)

LOVE all the bears here!!  I'm getting hungry  :crackup:

chainofdaisies Palmerston North, NZ

wow that bear is truely yummy looking bear_original

Website

Wow, that is one yummy bear!  Love it!

Thanks!

Board footer