Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

After I read Pennys post about the new announcement that UK listings will now automatically be listed on .com again I decided to try it. Well, it didn't show up in the worldwide search so I cancelled my auction and tried to re-do it on .com....what a nightmare...it insists on a zip code in the .com listing page so I can't list on .com. It effectively stops you listing if you haven't got a US postal address.

So I ended up back on eBay.co.uk.. again...relisted it again..she is showing up on .com but not in the featured section on eBay.com.

AAAAAGH...anyone else noticed this? Or am I just imagining this?

K Pawz Guest

Hi Jenny, she will show up on both, but will only show featured on the site that she is listed on....being in Canada I originally had the same problem, I now list featured on .com in order to show up in the featured category...thankfully it still allows me to do this, but who knows for how much longer....when I first queried it I was told that it had to do with space???
Hugs,
Krista

warwickshire uk
Website

Yes, Krista that's exactly what I always did ...but now unless you can input a US zip code when you do your auction page it won't allow you to carry on to the next page to complete the auction. If anyone else has managed to do it successfullyI'd be really grateful to know how they managed it because it's so annoying to not get seen in the optimum places on eBay.
I do feel it's a huge disadvantage...

warwickshire uk
Website

One door opens and another closes doesn't it. I just can't believe that when they restored  the automatic listing of UK items on .com after the fiasco earlier this year that they now cause yet another problem with this nonsensical move. The thing is, when I put my bear on .com as a featured listing it appears in the featured section on the .co.uk site also...but if I choose a featured listing on the UK site it does not show up as featured in the US. This restricts the visibility of these items to a smaller audience. So I want to be able to list on  .com...but I can't anymore.

There are UK items on there..I noticed Chloes lovely bear...how did you manage it ,Chloe...do tell!!

Ellen...I can't believe that ...that's just completely mad....can you list on the UK site?

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Hi Jenny ,
One of my toyland gang is on the featured on .com and I could do that as I use Auctiva to list my bears for templates etc .Not sure if it will stop after what you said but at the moment I can.Love your new bear by the way!
hugs,
Louise x

warwickshire uk
Website

Hmmm!! Thanks Louise....I wonder why that is... I use Seller Source book...does that make a difference..I am scratching my head here...I have to go shopping to mull it over!!LOL

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I haven't used ebay directly in ages - I always use Auctiva.  However, I just did a test try for an auction and I don't see anywhere to put in a U.S. zip code.  I could have launched my test auction with no difficulty.  I wonder if it's because when I registered with ebay, I registered on .com not the Canadian ebay. Hmmmmm....... puzzling.

Jenny, auctiva is free, if it's one way to get around the problem or email Diane Kennedy - she seems to be still listing on Ebay.com and she's in Scotland.  She might be registered with Ebay.com though.

hugs,

Brenda

warwickshire uk
Website

Brenda I did contact Diane already!!! I haven't heard back yet...maybe she's busy!! She does seem to be able to post hers on .com, doesn't she. This is a new eBay thing that has happened in the last few days, though...she may have scheduled an auction prior to the changes.

I am sure it's fathomable,  but how.....I went shopping and still can't work it out!!!!!

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jenny

I listed a bear as featured late Thursday night and no zip code was asked for, and listed another as normal listing on .com on Saturday night no code asked.....has it just changed on Sunday? I am worried now as I only list on .com.  When I registered with Ebay it was on the .com site not UK, I remember then having problems with my post code, but got round it, so I wonder if it depends on which site you originally registered with as a member.

Hugs
Jacqui

warwickshire uk
Website

You might be right Jacqui..I think I registered on the UK site..I am going to try it again just to check it out

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jenny,

I notice when I re-registered with Sellersource Book that they have a "Ebay Auction Launcher" which was new from prior to my letting my account lapse for a few months.   Are you using that new system which appears to bypass the ebay auction setup, much like what I think Auctiva does OR are you still using the old method of just creating a template and then copying the html coding into the description area.

Just wondering if using their "Ebay Auction Launcher" would solve anything?   I haven't used it but thought it might be worth a try.

Ebay is going to shoot themselves in the foot with many people at the rate they are going.

I very much love/hate them.

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jenny

I hope it works out or we are both back to the drawing board....I will be so upset if I can't list as usual on .com.

Good Luck
Jacqui

warwickshire uk
Website

Ho Jacqui...Nope 'fraid not...you have to put a zipcode in and it won't allow you to continue till you do. Why don't you try setting up an auction just to see...

I will try with Seller Source book launcher later...Thanks Shantell!!

You are dead right...they do shoot themselves in the foot...all the time...trouble is mine gets the bullet too!!!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Unfortunately, I'm not listing anything on eBay right now so can't test this myself. However, I have heard that you are now forced to enter a zip code *if* you are using the shipping calculator or "custom weight" option.  Get rid of those if you're using them, supposedly you can remain zip code-less without them.

Let us know if that works!
Kelly

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jenny

Tried listing a featured item, no problems, no zip code, but my boxes are checked flat rate of shipping to all, as I state only in listing the cost of shipping, also state I ship worldwide.

Best off luck.
Jacqui

warwickshire uk
Website

Yep..it works....whoo-hooo!!! Thanks Ellen ..and Jacqui...it's crazy isn't it...but hey ...if it works, then that's fine by me!!!  Well done you!!!:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jenny and Ellen

What a relief for us all, I hate being beaten by the system.

Hugs
Jacx

warwickshire uk
Website

It's great news...I am too late for this auction but definitely for next time!!!! Phew...what a relief! bear_thumb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jenny,
    I'm glad you have all figured it out - clever Ellen!  I think that's why I didn't have any problems because I always use "flat rate" for shipping as well.  Must be quite a relief.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer