Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I was just lookin at the map on TV of the fires in Cali and I got to wondering...how close is Intercal to those?  Are they ok?  Does anyone know?

Southern California geography isn't something I am that familiar with when lookin down on that kind of map.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad  I'm not sure either...but I was beginning to worry as that's a huge area.   

Can anyone from Intercal tell us if you're doing okay??  :hug:

Krys SoCal

Intercal is far from the fires but should be getting tons of ash and smoke their way like I am. I live in West Irvine. They are closer to the beach. That's not to say that an employee doesn't have a home in the affected areas though. The fire in Orange County called the Santiago fire started less than 2 miles from our home Sunday night (that was scary!) but has since moved southeast about 10 miles (15 from Intercal) from us so we are currently out of harm's way.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The last I heard from Intercal is that they were okay . . . but that was yesterday.  At that time the fires were still confined to the canyon, but they could see lots of black smoke.  Haven't heard today, yet, but I trust that they haven't had to evacuate.  What a scary time.

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I sent them an e-mail and Johnna said that they and their homes are fine, but today was much worse in dealing with lots of ash and smoke.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug:  bear_sad  I hope they stay safe!!  :hug:  :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

hmmmm.... wonder if there's going to be a big 'smoke sale' of mohair!

sorry - cdn't resist.  I do wish them all the best.  :pray:

Marion

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Intergal is not at all affected by the fires I live 45 minutes away from it. and my daughter lives 15 minutes away, she is fine. All this is happening in the mountains far away. But I do not know if any of the staff live out into the mountains,hope not.  I don't smell smoke from the fires,just get to see what on TV and in the sky I do see dark horizons.They are terrible though. :pray:  :pray: That all this is controlled soon.My heart goes out to those affected. bear_sad  So many people affected.
bear_sad

Board footer