Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Apologies but I just have to show you this!!  My big sister, who lives in the UK has just had some Christmas angel designs produced by a soft toy company.  I just popped into her website and saw this and am bursting with pride  :)

I can't imagine walking into a shop and seeing something I'd made en masse like that....guess what I'm asking her for this christmas!!

You can check them out at this address...have a look at her book illustrations too...I so cannot draw and am in absolute envy of her (but I can make bears and she cant!!   bear_laugh  )

http://www.kimtoohey.com/page5.htm

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! Melissa you must be so proud of your sister. I'm in the Uk so can you tell me where these really cute angels will be on sale.

Jane.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Melissa,  I don't blame you for boasting about your sister :clap: :clap:...those little angels bear_innocent bear_innocent are so cute!!!! hey! and you make cute bears too!! I just had a sticky beak at your site...
Hope she does really well, not long till Chrissy, let us know how they go..

hugs,
Denise.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh wow!! Here's a  :hug: for you and your sister!

You should be proud - I would be too!

Thanks for sharing, the angels are gorgeous!
Danni

Deb Upstate New York

Melissa ~ They're adorable.  Lots to be proud of.

Jane ~ Go here and search for cherub http://www.justjellycat.co.uk/default.a … check=yes&

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: What a talented family, Melissa!

I just had a sticky beak at your site...

Denise, what's a sticky beak?

Eileen

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wow! :lol:What a beautiful site and awesome artist! Thank you for sharing! You should be proud!

many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great creations!!  Both of you are very talented and artistic!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Congrats to your sis Melissa, she could be an honorary member of TT just because of her talant...

You should be proud of her

bear_tongue

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That's great, Melissa!  You definitely have a reason to be proud!   :clap:

Chrissie

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Eileen....we Aussies don't realise just how much 'slang' is a part of our eveyday language until a foreigner puts up a question mark! :lol:
A sticky beak is similar to a 'nosey parker'.....or someone who can't help but look at something! :)
Check ya later!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Melissa,

The Christmas Angels that your sister has created are very cute and you must be very proud of her. thanks for sharing her talents with us.
Hope that she has some great sales from them.

Hugs
Carolyn

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Thanks guys - she is very clever and I wish i could draw (I struggle to draw my bear patterns!).  It's quite an interesting process - she has nothing to do with it all once the design has been submitted to the toy company -it's all theirs from that point, so she doesn't make the money!! 

She's just glad she only has to draw the toys and not make them - sewing is not her forte.

Jane - I think they'll be sold in lots of gift shops and toy stores - they're made by jellycat which is a fairly big brand I think?? (there's also a link to the online Jellycat shop from her page)

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Melissa, you must be very proud of you sister ! :clap:
Very cute angels♪Please tell you sister congratulations !!!

Hugs/ Marie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

A sticky beak is similar to a 'nosey parker'.....or someone who can't help but look at something

bear_grin Thanks, Hayley!  :hug:

Eileen

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Melissa, they are beautiful bear_original  No wonder you are bear_innocent :clap: proud

Also, funny about the way we have so many different ways of saying things...In another group where we are mixed lol, we had some fun and wrote a huge list of all the words we aussies use that the rest of the world don't use lol.  It was a laugh! bear_grin

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Melissa, that is wonderful, they are very cute too.  Congrats and thanks for sharing your news with us  :clap:

Board footer