Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Our law office is located right on the Court House Square and we're just waiting for the funeral procession of the young RCMP officer killed last week to go by. He was a Brockville boy, only 20 years old, killed while attending alone to an call for an impaired driver in the Canadian north. There are already a hundred or so people in the square, including the kids from his High School. The funeral is in the church across from us with two other churches and our art center holding the over-flow. Police officers from across Canada and the US will be attending and they also have set up video equipment in the square. I understand our PM will be there along with other dignitaries. I'm sure though that this is one honour his family would have preferred to forego - he was the pride and joy of his family and will be deeply missed. He was a nice young man who always wanted to be a policeman. His uncles and a couple of cousins are also in the police service.
bear_cry

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  Very sorry.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I hope this tragic event (along with the other RCMP deaths in the last couple of years) will bring about some needed changes in the service especially in the North. Sadly, it usually takes tragedy to implement change. All of Canada should be saddened today.  bear_sad

Cheryl bear_sad

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

How very sad, my prayers go out for his family and friends.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

my heart goes out to his family and friends,,how tragic,  deb

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Dear God please be with all the family and loved ones of this young man .Open the hearts of all who come to this sad event.

Board footer