Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

ChrissyTree07.jpgChrissyTreeLights07.jpgWell Glenn and I put our tree up to day and somehow it always looks better than it does in photos, but I took two anyway ... the first without a flash to see the lights.

Now how about you all having a bit of fun by sharing your tree on TT?

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Ooooohhh ! I love your tree Sandi ! Very grand ! In my house I'd never be allowed to have the tree put up 'till at least middle of December  bear_angry  bear_ermm
In my mind my tree always looks classy , coordinated , and hung with unusual / delightful ornamentation . In reality it probably looks like
some mad person has thrown "stuff" on it in desperation !!!  :crackup:  I confess to having , like , 11 boxes of Christmas deco's  bear_shocked
I might be part magpie ?  bear_grin
Mini Hugs , Ruth  :bday:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

TT9.jpgTT8.jpgTT6.jpgTT3.jpgTT1.jpgTT2.jpgSandy, your tree is just lovely!  I love these threads as it's really fun to see everyone's decorations.
     I put up our tree on Friday and our grandson helped me!  He was actually really good and each box he opened was like Christmas for him, as he wouldn't remember our tree from last year.  Our son is coming home tonight for a month and we always try to have the decorations up when he comes home.  Here's our tree and a few other decorations - I have to admit I'm a sucker for standing Santas, and I like to put out the few I carved every year.  Hidden amongst all the lovely "store bought" ones they don't look too bad.  I am thrilled with the big glass dome I found - it keeps little hands off of treasured things bear_grin    I'm trying to "minimalize" because if I try to decorate something new to see how it looks, it immediately becomes a "tradition" in our house full of Xmas junkies, so I'm not doing anything new this year. 

hugs,

Brenda

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oooh what gorgeous trees Sandi and Brenda, must have taken hours to decorate.  Its really nice for the little ones to help, they so enjoy it.  I was always allowed to help when I was young and it was always part of my birthday treat as it is in December - I enjoyed this more than the presents I received.

Pauline

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

thumperantiques wrote:

Our son is coming home tonight for a month and we always try to have the decorations up when he comes home.

Brenda, you are maybe the cutest, best mom EVER!  That's so sweet; I swear, it has me tearing up a little.  What a thoughtful thing to do!  I'm almost 42 years old, and Christmas has never lost it's magic for me.  If anything, it gets more magical each year. 

What a great parent you are!

Pretty tree, too, by the way; I'll bet you had a blast decorating it with your grandson. bear_original

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Hubby and I have just decorated our tree - I thought I would share some pics with you.  We're feeling very christmassy now!! bear_happy

100_1075.jpg

100_1078.jpg

ruth wrote:

Ooooohhh ! I love your tree Sandi ! Very grand ! In my house I'd never be allowed to have the tree put up 'till at least middle of December  bear_angry  bear_ermm
In my mind my tree always looks classy , coordinated , and hung with unusual / delightful ornamentation . In reality it probably looks like some mad person has thrown "stuff" on it in desperation !!!  :crackup:  I confess to having , like , 11 boxes of Christmas deco's  bear_shocked I might be part magpie ?  bear_grin
Mini Hugs , Ruth

Thanks Ruth. We always put ours up the first Sunday in December, as later I don't seem to have the time. What with shopping, people visiting, little get togethers and our wedding anniversary etc.

I definately understand the 11 boxes...I decided each year I would change my colour theme, so our hoard of decos has grown considerably!  :crackup:

Brenda and Samantha:
I love your trees, they both look so traditional with all the different decorations. Just like the ones on Christmas cards. And those lights...WOW! they are fabulous! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline: Thank You. I think decorating the tree is the best fun too.

I'm really enjoying seeing these trees, may I have more please .........?

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

xmastree08web.jpg

treepixiesweb.jpg

Well, for those of you who know me, I guess this silver vintage tree would be expected!  It's unusual though because it's an 8 footer.  And of course, I have the original color wheel although I told my mom (it was their tree) that it's beginning to groan a bit!

And next we have two of my three "tree pixies" who have been mesmerized by not only the color wheel but by seeing their "fun house" style reflections in the glass balls!

LOL!

Holly Jolly,
Lisa

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Ahhhh what beautiful trees everyone!!! We usually dig up a small tree from our property (All we have is pinon & Juniper here)and put it in a large bucket of dirt & then after Christmas, we re-plant it where it came from, so we have a brief window of time if the tree is to live...will be just before Christmas when we do that, and can only have it indoors for a short time...I will try to get a picture to share then.

Hugs &

Samantha, your tree is beautiful - ooooh I love seeing how all the trees are decorated differently!

Lisa - your retro tree is COOL!  I've never seen one with a Colour wheel - does it make it change colours?  That would be so neat.

Shelli, you are really sweet!  I have to say I have three of the biggest "kids" in our family, when it comes to Xmas, and hubby is the worst.  He had a terribly rough childhood and boy, he makes sure EVERYONE has a good Christmas.  He really does enjoy the giving as much as the getting and sometimes it's hard, when he feels money is no object and I hold the budget strings.   My favourite is the candy making - I started yesterday with peanut brittle and sponge toffee, but it will be a toss up if there is much left when Neal gets home tonight :crackup: !

hugs,

Brenda

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
thumperantiques wrote:

Lisa - your retro tree is COOL!  I've never seen one with a Colour wheel - does it make it change colours?  That would be so neat.

Yes, the color wheel has four colors on it changing the tree from red to green to yellow then blue.  I like it...makes me think of Charlie Brown!

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Great trees everyone!!  I get so excited about christmas!!!! :dance:

Lisa - your girls are SO beautiful and adorable!!! bear_wub

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

My tree has been up for a week now ...finally got it decorated this afternoon..... the ornaments all have special memories ...gold balls with pics of the kids when they were small and now pics of the grandchildren too.

Of course there are lots of bear related ornaments which I have received as gifts.   

Xmas_Tree_07_002jpg2T.jpg

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I put my tree up about a week ago, I collect Mark Robert Santa Fairies, so each year I add more to my collection, they are all over the house hiding and riding angels! I always have a fantasy theme on my trees, this year I added Butterflies! bear_original
tree9.jpg

tree7a.jpg

tree7.jpg

Brenda: I love what you have done with your cake dome ... I'm working on something with mine which you'll see in another thread later on.

Lisa: Your girls look just wonderful as usual and I love your vintage retro tree.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Though the colour wheel does remind me of the disco days!  :crackup:

Wanda: What a wonderful idea to put the family pictures on the decorations...gorgeous tree!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Tami: I can see the interior decorator coming out here ... love the way you have carried the blue butterfly theme through to your wrappings.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Charlotte: So Sorry! I nearly missed you ... the Juniper tree would have a very special meaning to me, so I will look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

My tree is decorated by the kids.  So it is always a profusion of colour.

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

Merry Christmas Everyone  :hug:
I'm slightly embarressed to show ours after seeing all your very artistic ones, we just let the kids do things their way , its such fun for them bear_grin
so here it is bear_thumb
Tree.jpg

love everyones tree....really! how do you get them to look so good bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Everyone's trees are just beautiful. I love seeing how everyone decorates.

Greatwon2, your tree looks beautiful because the kids did it. We had many years of all Christmas balls on the bottom branches. And we still use a paper plate angel that Ashley made in pre-school...she's almost 34. Saving things the kids made and using them every year is part of our tradition.

We're still in a mess from remodeling so we don't have a tree up, but we have "straightened" the living room a bit and Ashley has put up some small decorations.

Lisa: Thanks for the nostalgia and for reminding me that I am "vintage." We had a Christmas tree just like yours, complete with rotating colored light wheel, way, way, way back in the 60s. I have no idea whatever happened to it. Wish I had it now although at the time I hated it. Your girls look darling in their Christmas nightwear.

Spiracy Hvalsø

Wow they are all so beautiful bear_original We just put a ton of stuff all over the tree, doesn't look planned or anything. We also never put the tree up before 22nd or 23rd. I noticed people have angels, or santa at the top of the tree bear_original We usually have a star.

Shelli wrote:

I'm almost 42 years old, and Christmas has never lost it's magic for me.  If anything, it gets more magical each year.

Sorry Shelli ... missed you completely. I hope your tree is magical...please share it with us when you get the chance.

Natasha: Your little tree reminds me of the one we had when my kids were little...you certainly have brought back some memories.
I remember seeing all the beautiful trees at the Myer store and wishing they were mine, I then decided that I would put a little aside for spending at the sales after Christmas.
And so every year we have added to our collection of goodies. We plan what we are going to do the following year and target the decorations required. It's fun and a great way to build up your collection without breaking the bank.

Bron and Ellen: I am also looking forward to seeing your pictures.

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Great looking decorations!  Tami, I love those elves you have!  And Lisa, your pixies are very sweet!  We don't have a tree up yet but I decorated my mantle this weekend.  Can't take credit for the decor - just took it out of storage and plugged it in!  The Department 56 houses are new in my home this year.  They are a collection my oldest son was growing with his father - who sadly died a couple months ago - so they are now here. 

P1010007_Large_Web_view.jpg

dept_56.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I love this eye candy!  It really puts me in the festive mood!  I haven't yet purchased my main Christmas tree, but I do have a couple of little ones ready to share with you ...

First, this teeny tiny tree arrived in my workroom yesterday, thanks to my daughter!  It's a wee baby tree with wee baby baubles ... very cute and yes, it really is purple and pink!!!  bear_tongue

Christmastreeworkroom3.jpg

I can't wait until we buy our main tree for the living room next weekend, so in the meantime, I've snuck a little Christmas sparkle into my dining room/office ... this is the tree I use on my 'All Bear' table whenever I do a Christmas teddy bear show!  It's old and battered but shines up just fine when covered in beads and baubles!

Christmastree2.jpg

Oooh Paula,
     Sometimes little things do come in small packages - I really like the small trees.  I agree that looking at everyones trees make me more excited about Christmas!

Connie,
     I missed your pics - don't know how!  Your fireplace and mantle are goooorgeous!  It's so inviting.  I like your grouping of houses - I'm sure as the years pass, they will become even more precious to your sons.

hugs,

Brenda

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

BearTree.jpgEveryone's trees are so fabulous!!  This is always one of my favorite holiday threads....the Christmas trees and decorating.  Who knew, right?  :crackup:  :crackup:

Rather than show you a picture of my own tree, I thought I'd share a picture of a teddy bear Christmas tree!  I'm sure you'll recognize the Wee Scones by Diane Kennedy.  A vintage tree and a little bit of faux snow and voila!.....bears sharing Christmas in an apothecary jar!!  If it doesn't move, I decorate it!!
bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Warmest holiday bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Wow! what super mantle decorations Connie ... just lovely. Makes me wish I had a mantle ... perhaps in the new house.
Love the snow scene with the buildings too...I hope you continue to add to this. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Paula: They are great little trees and it's lovely to see your Christmas decos are all around the house.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Aleta: I think those teddies would have done well in Judi's Yummy Bear Challenge ... they really look like candy inside that jar and certainly good enough to eat! Another wonderful idea and tree shared!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Keep them coming girls!

Board footer