Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Just got a note from e-bay, presumably, saying I've been a shill bidder in a number of auctions and they're suspending me for at least 7 days.

I suspect this is a scam since I haven't used e-Bay for years and years. In the past, I've forwarded these kinds of emails to e-Bay but usually just get a canned response.

I can just ignore and delete, don't you think?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Marlys, It sounds like spoof email and I would simple ignore it.  Don't even respond.
I have been receiving "verify your paypal account" email.  These people want you to respond to try an get information.  Delete ...delete...delete..... bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko
They just never give up, do they..... bear_wacko

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thanks, Judi, that's what I thought.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Marlys,
And anyone else! NEVER! NEVER! answer any email from ebay or paypal. Always go to your secure account. If the message is REAL, it will be there. Neither ebay or paypal expect you to answer any unsecured email messages. Be safe  bear_thumb
Karen

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thanks, Karen. I know that, really I do. It's just nice to get validation from others. I'm always thinking of gosh what if somethings really wrong with my account...but then I remember I haven't used ebay for years. Just nice to more opinions than mine.

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I would still contact ebay and at least let them know that someone is scamming.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I would send that stuff to Spoof@ebay.com immediately...and otherwise ignore it all...so many nasty scams out there!!!

Hugs &

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Scam for sure - I just got a PayPal one today saying my account would be frozen if I didn't click and update some info - I forwarded the message to spoof@paypal and used my account 3 times today with no problems!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

And it never hurts to mention this yet again, for those who use Ebay, but have never had to deal with this before  bear_thumb

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thanks everyone so much. I've sent it to the address you sent, Charlotte. I appreciate everyone who took the time to answer.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

Just forward the email to: spoof@paypal.com  never reply to the email, they just want your info.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

While its most likely a phishing/scam email, you might be wise to double check your Ebay account- scammers often hijack accounts that have not been used for a while.

Board footer