Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Me again Denise:

Bobbie, I just noticed that I called you Boggie & I appoligize.  I swear, it was a typo.

I laughed & laughed: I myself have typed Bonnie and Boobie, but that's a first. Thx for a great endorphin rush on a grey day!!!!

Bobbie

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

Hey Bobbie, maybe that could be your new nick name ??? bear_ermm
Hee, hee.
Big Hugs,
Denise  :hug:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago
Hey Bobbie, maybe that could be your new nick name ???

Only if you agree to a new one also! About 15 years ago, back when S.M.A.L.L. was the only mini ted list online, we were poking fun at some of the typos that we've all made on ourselves/our names. (I'd done the boobie thingy)
Another Denise said that her brothers insisted on teasing her by calling her Dense as she was growing up.  And as she was doubly awarded, she'd have to change her nickname to Dense Boobie. That automatically made me Dense Boobie 2 (DB2 for short).
Even Boggie sounds better than those, but Thx! It gave me a good laugh!!!

Seattle
Website

Hee, hee  :crackup:
I always got the De-niece & De-nephew business when I was little  bear_grin
:hug:  Denise (or should I say, De-Niece)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Better than Daffy Duck.... I hated my name until I was about 30!

Seattle
Website

Kids can be so cruel Daphne.  My maiden name is Cushing, so you can just imagine the kidding that I got when I was little  bear_tongue   Alot of Charmin references.   bear_grin
XXXX Denise  :hug:

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Here's my first, Denise!  I keep him around for kicks and giggles!

first_one.jpg

Seattle
Website

He's adorable Connie.  Thank you for sharing him with us.
I keep forgetting to tell you all that Harry was made from a purchased pattern which I completely redesiged. I had bought the pattern to see how a bear went together & when I redesigned him, I had wanted him to look more realstic.  Well, as you can see, I was completely off base because he ended up looking like a Schnauzer, and not a real one at that.  A great example of how we learn by our mistakes  bear_grin   And...because I couldn't afford mohair yet, he was made from a faux, fabric store purchased fur.
Keep em' coming.
Big Hugs,
Denise  :hug:

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

newandold.jpgI've posted this on TT before, but here it is - my very first bear I made alongside one my more recent ones bear_original

wilma Posts: 51

here is one of my first, well actually two of my first bears I made,
it's the small ones, the other is our real dog...
DSC00839.jpg

and here is a more recent one, the bears have grown a little bigger recently...

DSC01921.jpg

by the way, the very first bears I made don't exist anymore and I never made any pictures of them.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Awe, you know most of your first bears are pretty good! I will post a pic of mine later.. he is a very pathetic little soul, but I love him just the same... He holds a place of honnor always. I was only 14 when I made him and I soooo wanted to make a bear... and I had 100% no idea what I was doing. I'll get a pic of him when I get home.

Bear Hugs,
Melanie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here's my craptastic first bear.  He's about three feet tall and made of plush felt (!!!) from a Vogue pattern.  He wasn't supposed to be jointed but I wanted him to be so I gave him thread joints with huge buttons.  I'm surprised his limbs haven't fallen off!  My cats love him.  I hated him so much I never did give him a name.  But he sits on my studio (guestroom) bed to remind me that hard work and lots of research can produce better outcomes!

FIRST-BEAR2.jpg

Japhe Japhe's Bears
UK

piccalonew.jpgP1010007.jpgawwww all your bears are soooo cute :hug:
The white one is actually the second bear I made :redface: . My first has no nose and looks more like an orangutan :redface: The little clown is the first bear I put on Ebay and he sold lol.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Bears024.JPGBears027.JPGThis is one of my first opened prototype bears. Experimenting to see if I was able to make the bear I invisioned for my grandaughter.He was made in synethic fur, before I even knew that I could make bears in mohair he is also jointed. I still have him but don't know if anyone would be interested in him since he is not mohair bear_grin .I made him in 1992. I finally did make my grand daughters, but way bigger,sitting and very different from this one, she is 19 years old and still has the special one I made for her. I feel proud that she has treasured it this long.

Pages:

Board footer